Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Official Sunset Yellow Kia Stinger Pictures Thread

philrelf

Reactions
State
NH
Country
United States
I'm an owner of a yellow Stinger and was just notified by phone that the paint is bad on all the yellow stingers, too much oil in the paint mix making it easier to crack and chip. They said I would be getting a written notification with more details and a monetary payment for my trouble. Basically they said they will be repainting the car. If within 30 days of the repaint I decide I don't like it I can have a brand new Stinger my choice of color or my purchase price refunded.

Has anyone else received this notification? What are your thoughts?

I don't think I want a repainted car, I believe a repainted car would have a lower resale value. I know I paid more for my yellow stinger than other colors because they wouldn't budge on the price because they were limited. The closest dealer to me had a $3k markup on theirs because of the color I ended up traveling hundred of miles to another dealer get mine.

I'm thinking I would take the upcoming Atlantica edition in exchange, special edition for special edition I think is fair.

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
I'm an owner of a yellow Stinger and was just notified by phone that the paint is bad on all the yellow stingers, too much oil in the paint mix making it easier to crack and chip. They said I would be getting a written notification with more details and a monetary payment for my trouble. Basically they said they will be repainting the car. If within 30 days of the repaint I decide I don't like it I can have a brand new Stinger my choice of color or my purchase price refunded.

Has anyone else received this notification? What are your thoughts?

I don't think I want a repainted car, I believe a repainted car would have a lower resale value. I know I paid more for my yellow stinger than other colors because they wouldn't budge on the price because they were limited. The closest dealer to me had a $3k markup on theirs because of the color I ended up traveling hundred of miles to get mine.

I'm thinking I would take the upcoming Atlantica edition in exchange, special edition for special edition I think is fair.
I got a different message from Kia. They said I would get three options, a repaint, an exchange for another color, or bought out completely. I'm thinking about going with the third option...

You paid 3k over sticker? I got my "limited edition" for about 1k below invoice. Ended up paying about 34k after lease cash.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

philrelf

Reactions
State
NH
Country
United States
No I didn't pay the 3k markup, I found another one farther away.

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
[MENTION=1636]VelossaTech[/MENTION] is looking for a Yellow Stinger, if you have one send them an email for a chance to win a Fee Big Mouth kit.

Velossa Tech is looking for a Yellow Stinger GT to join our team! We will be accepting applications for sponsorship via email, info@velossatech.com. We will be giving you a FREE BIG MOUTH dual ram air kit that you'll showcase (we know you'll love it), you must be active on social media specifically facebook and instagram and have the instagram account dedicated to your ride, being able to take nice pictures is also a requirement!!