Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Official Atomic Blue & Micro Blue Kia Stinger Pictures Thread

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Acura ILX
This is an all-new, first generation vehicle for Kia. Sodium-filled piston heads (a first in the industry, not just shaft), and other features where Kia pushed the envelope. First year, bound to be a few issues they need to work out. Overall, not bad for such a massive effort and execution of this car.

Tesla?... It's like they ship cars that haven't even reached beta level yet!...
I hear you... Wasn't trying to sound whiny about it, but I was a bit bummed to hear about the paint issues, especially since I love my blue so much. And I do applaud Kia for going 'all-in' and making a car that I absolutely love, and I'm willing to put up with growing pains as long as Kia is open with them. You can't expect perfection on the very first try, but I can appreciate the effort they've shown.

Primarily just concerned about the engine bit, but seeing as that earlier post was the first I've heard about it then hopefully it's not a big deal.

And no matter what we go through... at least it's not a FCA product. Yuck.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Please let us know what recall you think is coming.
On the fuel side. Could be wrong though but must say I have noticed more than once with mine that upon easy corning while slightly on the pedal it seems the car cuts off fuel leaving it almost in "Die mode" but then right back the fuel comes.... Very odd.

Anybody else here experiencing this issue?
I haven't checked the problem threads yet but I should go over and post up

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Mazda6 Touring ? Soul Red
I hear you... Wasn't trying to sound whiny about it, but I was a bit bummed to hear about the paint issues, especially since I love my blue so much. And I do applaud Kia for going 'all-in' and making a car that I absolutely love, and I'm willing to put up with growing pains as long as Kia is open with them. You can't expect perfection on the very first try, but I can appreciate the effort they've shown.

Primarily just concerned about the engine bit, but seeing as that earlier post was the first I've heard about it then hopefully it's not a big deal.

And no matter what we go through... at least it's not a FCA product. Yuck.
FCA LOL! Nice one!

As for the paint, not worried about that. Sounds like something wrong with the UV clear coat. And if that's the case, either the suppler put the intern on the "... then, press this button to mix in the UV protectant..." and that got into their supply chain. Hmmm... Paint. Easy fix for future cars. Those that have them? Hmmm...

As for the engine recall, or possible recall, I'd really love to hear what's going on with that. It could be something as trivial as a defect lot of relays for headlights, or a water hose that's shown signs of leaking... nothing huge. Or, it could be boring imperfections wearing our rings prematurely! Ack! Who knows, and thus the reason I'd love to hear more!

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
For what it's worth, none of my micro Stinger's are under stop sale for the paint. I think it was just a batch issue where a particular window in time is being checked.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
For what it's worth, none of my micro Stinger's are under stop sale for the paint. I think it was just a batch issue where a particular window in time is being checked.
That's a great point. Once Kia figured things out, it may have only been a particular lot/VIN number of vehicles, easily tracked and pulled off the lots. This was a Pacific NW dealership, and out here, we received the Stinger early on - which if there are defects, early on in the builds also makes sense...

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
Do you know the production dates of these batches?

BlaydeX15

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
Well, that's not good! I'm pretty sure my blue was a batch 1 stinger (Arrived at the dealer in Nov 2017), and it sat on the lot for 6 months looking pretty (RWD Sports cars with summer tires don't sell with a foot of snow on the ground. Who knew!). It has one paint chip, but that's a legit rock chip, size of the flat tip of a headphone jack.

The sun exposure seems to have not caused any problems so far. Who knows!

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
I hope I made the cutoff, purchased mine in March.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
Well, that's not good! I'm pretty sure my blue was a batch 1 stinger (Arrived at the dealer in Nov 2017), and it sat on the lot for 6 months looking pretty (RWD Sports cars with summer tires don't sell with a foot of snow on the ground. Who knew!). It has one paint chip, but that's a legit rock chip, size of the flat tip of a headphone jack.

The sun exposure seems to have not caused any problems so far. Who knows!
That's my car! Portland, OR doesn't see snow but once, maybe twice a year for a day - maybe... GT w/Drivewise, RWD, MicroBlue and I'm in! Congrats, hope it's the car you were thinking it would be.

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD
My new baby, in Vancouver, WA-

20181023_131111.jpg

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Looking good. Congratulations

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
My new baby, in Vancouver, WA-

View attachment 1613
Contgrats Tim! Looks like a GT, AWD w/18's, correct? Mine is a GT (white), AWD, w/DriveWise (safety) package, 18's, and Red on Black interior. I'm bummed about the PacNW and other locations being "forced" to purchase 18's rims with All Season tires. Really think the 19's look better (IMO). Some locations have AWD with 19" rims, but not around here. To get the safety package, in white, with AWD, with red on black, had to reach out to a Denver, CO dealer! Ack! But it made for a fun drive home.

Enjoy!

NOTE: I initially wanted blue, but my kids and wife said "No way!" I was shocked as I really like it, but then went with white w/tinted windows and they said "Okay, that works." What a husband won't do for family. I tell ya! ; )

Again, congrats!

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD
Thanks Mark! :)

It's a 2018 GT2 AWD w/19s and summer tires. Thankfully my commute is very short and with AWD, I -hope- I'll be ok for the fairly mild winters here. If things get dicey, I'm just a few blocks from Costco and will switch over to some all-seasons for the winter.

Blue was my first choice, but if there had been a Ceramic Silver w/Red interior, that would have made the choice VERY difficult! LOL. I would have been tempted by that! But the grey/black interior with the blue exterior is just amazing to me.

I am lucky that my wife told me to get exactly what I wanted, so she didn't care what color combos I got. I almost went with a GT1, but I am too addicted to the ventilated seats in my Optima, so I had to get the GT2. I thought about waiting for a 2019 GT1 (which has the ventilated seats now), but the rebates and dealer discount for the 2018s were just really attractive to me.

That drive from Denver out this way is pretty nice - I did it a couple years ago when I moved my Optima from Indy to Vancouver. But you DEFINITELY had the more fun drive, for sure. ;)

Sprite43

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
It's lovely!

THCHAD

Reactions
State