Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

New Member Stinger GT2 and new to foreign cars altogether.

Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
AR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT2
So the story is, the wife wanted to trade her 2017 Camaro in on a new v8 of the same model. As always when we start looking, we went out on Sunday afternoon so as not to be attacked by salesmen and just see what we liked. Well, the news reports are absolutely true regarding new cars! Not a new Camaro in the area that we could find. As we were browsing the lots we saw a Stinger that was either just traded in, or in for repair and it caught her eye. As we continued our new car lot exploration I pulled into a Kia dealer to see if they had any new Stingers. No new Stingers to be had, but they had a 2020 Aurora Black with 3500 miles on it or a 2022 Pearl White with 18,000 miles.
Long story made shorter, after a test drive the luxury was undeniable (can't believe it's a Kia) and the wife now has her first foreign car, a 2020 Aurora Black Stinger GT2 with 3500 miles.
Funny thing is, I'm old enough to remember when Kia first came to the states and they were buy one, get one free!

Last edited:

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Welcome aboard and congrats on the new ride!

Yes Kia has indeed come a long way. Tell her to get ready for plenty of "that's a KIA?!" comments from strangers who still don't know what it is. 😂

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1