Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

New GT2 owner in Massachusetts

AK16

Reactions
City
Marlborough
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT2
Hello all! Just purchased my Stinger GT2, Ceramic with Red interior and the Stillen GT400 package. Absolutely love the car! I’ve had over 20 cars just over the last couple of years so I’ve experienced just about everything under the sun and the Stinger hits the perfect balance of sport, luxury, features, reliability/warranty and value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome & congratulations, great color combo!!!!

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Congratulations and welcome!

rphcfb

Reactions
City
worcester
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Accord EX-L 2012
AK16
That was one the cars I was interested in! I was going back and forth with the dealer online when it sold.
I'm still looking. Interested in your take on the dealers you may have checked out around Boston.
CB

OP
A

AK16

Reactions
City
Marlborough
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #5
AK16
That was one the cars I was interested in! I was going back and forth with the dealer online when it sold.
I'm still looking. Interested in your take on the dealers you may have checked out around Boston.
CB
The “demand” for this particular car definitely hurt my negotiating. The dealer felt they had three interested parties so they weren’t really giving too much room in the negotiations. Still got a great deal though.

As for dealership experience, Burlington has been great, post-sale. I discovered a small scratch on the rear bumper a few days after taking delivery. I drove down there to show them. Without any fuss, they quickly agreed that they would fix it, put me in a rental and sent it to their body shop. I just picked it up last night. They restored it perfectly and even did a full test on the car and found the front rotors had a little bit of wear so they install new front rotors at no cost. As you know, the car had a few thousand miles on it as a dealer executive and a YouTuber drove it previously.

During the sales process, Burlington did a fine job. Nothing exceptional but nothing really bad either. It was smooth, easy, no games, no hassles. Shrewsbury was really cool during the test drive phase. They really wanted me to have fun with the car and encouraged being a hooligan to really few out the car. Buy during the sales process, my sales person lost interest and stop replying to my negotiating. Oh well, their loss. Lastly, avoid Dartmouth at all costs. I bought my dad a 2020 Kia Forte GT with the GT2 package two weeks ago but had a very frustrating experience. I got the deal I was expecting and it all worked out in the end but the games and attempts to sneak things into the quote were not cool. I’m not referring to the finance office warranties and products. I mean that we had a structured deal in place but, when I showed up, the framework had changed and I had to fight and negotiate again to get it back to what we had already agreed upon over the phone. That should never happen.

Overall, I’d recommend talking to John and Julian at Burlington and tell them Ari recommended them. I’d gladly give up a few points during the sales process to have the exemplary showing post sale. Ultimately, it’s what happens after the sale that matters most to me. Good luck with your search!

rphcfb

Reactions
City
worcester
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Accord EX-L 2012
AK16
Thank you for the info. I would like Shrewsbury to be the one as it is minutes from my house. However, after consideration, I think that a GT or GT1 makes more sense and it has neither. Norwood seems to have the largest inventory in the area but I got very little info from initial contact and its MSRPs online are inflated. Not sure where that will lead. I have gotten better responses from NH and CT dealers.

Have you seen the Indigo/Deep Chroma Blue GT up close and personal?

No dealer seems to have any idea about additional 2020 delivery or when 2021s will be available.

CB

Reactions
City
Lawrence
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
19 stinger gt
AK16
Thank you for the info. I would like Shrewsbury to be the one as it is minutes from my house. However, after consideration, I think that a GT or GT1 makes more sense and it has neither. Norwood seems to have the largest inventory in the area but I got very little info from initial contact and its MSRPs online are inflated. Not sure where that will lead. I have gotten better responses from NH and CT dealers.

Have you seen the Indigo/Deep Chroma Blue GT up close and personal?

No dealer seems to have any idea about additional 2020 delivery or when 2021s will be available.

CB
wagner kia (shrewsbury) is where i got my stinger from. I talked with a Nick W. there it is was as smooth as it could be. It was a good experience. Of course the back and forth with the deal, but nothing bad. I got the deal done that day. He was very nice and worked with me. Even on the test drive he knew what he was talking about. When i took delivery of the car we went over everything he was very thorough. Also after a week with the car noticed that the clear paint protector just before the rear tire , on the bottom of the door was bubbling and i mentioned it and they said bring it right in and fixed it. Also they always have stingers on hand different combos.

That's just my Experience from wagner.

Reactions
City
Lawrence
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
19 stinger gt
Hello all! Just purchased my Stinger GT2, Ceramic with Red interior and the Stillen GT400 package. Absolutely love the car! I’ve had over 20 cars just over the last couple of years so I’ve experienced just about everything under the sun and the Stinger hits the perfect balance of sport, luxury, features, reliability/warranty and value.

Welcome to the stinger family

rphcfb

Reactions
City
worcester
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Accord EX-L 2012
grasso10
Thanks. I will follow up with Wagner as I went there for a test drive. Will see what they can do on a GT2 since that seems to be their remaining inventory.

CB