Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

MY VERY FIRST POST and it has a major question - Thanks to everyone in advance for guiding me

Yurraway

Reactions
City
Riverwoods
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD - TBD
I'm surely an enthusiast, but not officially a Stinger owner. About to pull the trigger this week on a white 2022 GT2 AWD with under 1,500 miles. My interest has ebbed and flowed a lot recently. The hesitation is seeing so many Stingers with insanely few miles. Is this a sign of short-term disatisfaction??

There are very few new ones because Kia simply doesn't make that many. It's the least succesful car they've ever made, and there's a lot of chatter that it will be discontinued at the end of this year.

I've also been, admittly, over researching and reading and viewing reviews. Most of them are positive in that they're insanely fun to drive. But there a lot of buts, like unfixable rattles, overheating, and poor finishes that come off, rub off, flake off. Stuff like that would drive me crazy, and pi$$ me off.

I usually keep cars a long time, and I'm skeptical that the Stinger will not hold up or be very problematic. Yes? No? Maybe so?

Any comments or advice ASAP would be greatly appreciated. If I do go ahead and get it, I promise to share pics and my fingers crossed joy with other owners and enthusiasts.

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
One of the big reasons people are getting out of them is the insane amount of money dealers are paying for them right now. I've had my 2018 4.5 years; I could sell it and get high 20s, low 30s for it easily. That's the kind of cash they're offering so a lot of people are taking them up on it.

I have a very early 2018 (I was literally the first person in the city to get one in Dec 2017) and it's been extremely reliable. I also don't have paint issues, rattles or any of the common complaints I've seen online. The closest thing I have to an annoyance is a rubber on rubber rubbing sound from a window seal that I could probably fix with silicone spray. Oh and since I never updated my head unit, I occasionally have to move the stereo sound back to the center position.

The only thing that keeps me from enthusiastically recommending it to others is Kia service. It seems to be hit or miss, some seem to be good but the majority seem to be a miss. The one I use has been a miss, but sadly for me, they're 5 minutes away and I'm too lazy to drive across town so I suck it up and deal with them for oil changes and maintenance.

I don't think you'd be unhappy if you decide to get one. And hey if you do, you can always sell it without losing much if any money...lol.

OP
Y

Yurraway

Reactions
City
Riverwoods
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD - TBD
Thread Starter #3
Thank you for your response. Makes sense given the insane car market these days. I'm gonna go for it. The Thinger is just too much fun to drive for me not to give it a shot.