Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

MY VERY FIRST POST and it has a major question - Thanks to everyone in advance for guiding me

Yurraway

Reactions
City
Riverwoods
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD - TBD
I'm surely an enthusiast, but not officially a Stinger owner. About to pull the trigger this week on a white 2022 GT2 AWD with under 1,500 miles. My interest has ebbed and flowed a lot recently. The hesitation is seeing so many Stingers with insanely few miles. Is this a sign of short-term disatisfaction??

There are very few new ones because Kia simply doesn't make that many. It's the least succesful car they've ever made, and there's a lot of chatter that it will be discontinued at the end of this year.

I've also been, admittly, over researching and reading and viewing reviews. Most of them are positive in that they're insanely fun to drive. But there a lot of buts, like unfixable rattles, overheating, and poor finishes that come off, rub off, flake off. Stuff like that would drive me crazy, and pi$$ me off.

I usually keep cars a long time, and I'm skeptical that the Stinger will not hold up or be very problematic. Yes? No? Maybe so?

Any comments or advice ASAP would be greatly appreciated. If I do go ahead and get it, I promise to share pics and my fingers crossed joy with other owners and enthusiasts.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
There's a lot of stingers for sale with low miles because people couldn't afford after they got it, also Covid has a lot to do with it. I've had my car since 2019, I'm very happy with it. The overheating problem is that people don't check the overflow tank, so it doesn't get too low. If the tank gets to low an sucks a air bubble your screwed because the bubble will get stuck at the thermostat & it overheats really quick. The paint isn't the best for sure that's why you buy a clear bra or have the hole frontend covered with PPF.

A lot of people that buy these cars race it all the time, don't get me wrong it's a quick car but it's not a race car. That's where a lot of the problems come from. If you're buying the car for gas mileage, it's not the car for you. If you drive this car in sport mode all the time you will average 16 to 18 MPG, in comfort or ECO mode you can get 23 to 28 if you drive on the freeway. I've got 28 to 31 MPG in my car with a very light foot.

The car will hold up as long as you take care of it. The reason people's car doesn't hold up is because they just don't care & their attitude is, it's just a car. Your car is a direct reflection of who you are.

OP
Y

Yurraway

Reactions
City
Riverwoods
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD - TBD
Thread Starter #3
Many thanx for your reply. It is greatly appreciated.

I have backed off from becoming an owner and decided to go in a different direction. Although I absolutely love driving the Stinger, there seems to be way too many issues/excuses/rationales with those owning one.

I am all in on taking care of a car, or anything else in life. I firmly believe that a vehicle should be properly engineered and quality built so as not to be a source of unreasonable headaches and problems.

I am, and forever will be, a driving enthusiast. I hope that everyone who loves their Stinger, mostly in spite of this or that, find happiness in their choice to stick with it.

Cheers

Last edited: