Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

My Stinger was first in area to receive RECALL SC196 JUNCTION BOX HECU REWIRE

Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
I can now park my car near "other vehicles or structures" again!

scan0001abc.jpg

Reactions
City
Lawrence
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
19 stinger gt
I can now park my car near "other vehicles or structures" again!

View attachment 4354
so I got the letter in the mail saying that my stinger is part of this recall. I was wondering do u know what they did ?? I know it says a wiring kit but what exactly do they do.. I am just curious because it says it could take 2-3 hours and i have some mods on such as a jb4 an was wondering if it should be disconnected. the dealership i go to knows i have these mods and dont say anything when i go get oil changes but now that its a recall and in the engine compartment , i was just curious at what exactly it is they change out and replace.

OP
KIA-StingerGT
Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
Thread Starter #3
Have I got the video for you!

I found it when looking to see what the fix was all about. Looks like it only involves replacing 2 wires underneath the fuse box, switching a couple of the fuses around and then putting a new sticker on the fuse box. They also told me it would take a few hours, so the delaer gave me a ride home and picked me up when it was done.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Have I got the video for you!

I found it when looking to see what the fix was all about. Looks like it only involves replacing 2 wires underneath the fuse box, switching a couple of the fuses around and then putting a new sticker on the fuse box. They also told me it would take a few hours, so the delaer gave me a ride home and picked me up when it was done.
Great video, pretty easy fix..

Reactions
City
Lawrence
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
19 stinger gt
Thank you very much. really appreciate it a lot

Reactions
very well done ,good explanation ,I agree on the low grade supplied splices ,not high qual. especially in areas with wet ,salt on roads winter salty vapor will seep into any unsealed wire connection and corrode/degrade the connection over time
retired electrician/
2019 GT1 AWD panthera metal

OP
KIA-StingerGT
Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
Thread Starter #8
very well done ,good explanation ,I agree on the low grade supplied splices ,not high qual. especially in areas with wet ,salt on roads winter salty vapor will seep into any unsealed wire connection and corrode/degrade the connection over time
retired electrician/
2019 GT1 AWD panthera metal
Oh well,no car's perfect! My Stinger is almost 2 years old with 21,000 miles and it's been virtually trouble free.(y)

Reactions
City
USA
State
Non-US
Country
United States
What I Drive
Are recall notices/letters sent always by physical mail to a mailing address or are they sent by Kia corporate via electronically such as an email? I travel at times and there are occasions that for months I am not physically able to check the mail at my primary residence. Thanks in advance! :)

BTW

Very good video!

OP
KIA-StingerGT
Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
Thread Starter #10
Are recall notices/letters sent always by physical mail to a mailing address or are they sent by Kia corporate via electronically such as an email? I travel at times and there are occasions that for months I am not physically able to check the mail at my primary residence. Thanks in advance! :)

BTW

Very good video!
Yeah, whoever that guy was his video was well done!

As far as notices/letters, I received mine by mail. Also, if you go in for regular service the dealer will inform you of any recalls pertaining to your car.

Reactions
City
USA
State
Non-US
Country
United States
What I Drive
Great! Thanks!