Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

My Kia Stinger detailing method, what's yours?

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Step 1: Rinse down to remove large debris, then wash with Chemical Guys Clean Slate Surface Cleanser Wash. I use a single bucket, but rinse out the mitt after each panel. No drying.

Step 2: Mothers Clay Bar using the clean water from rinsing the car off as lube, along with some light misting of Mothers Instant Detailer. Using just water will allow the clay bar to leave very light scratches on the clear coat, not a huge deal since I was going to be polishing right after but didn't need the extra work.

Step 3: Blow dry remaining water off with leaf blower, then Chemical Guys Waffle Weave and leftover puddles to avoid spots.

Step 4: Polish using Griots Complete Polish with a white Buff N Shine 5.5" pad and speed setting 5 on the Griots DA Orbital. Wipe down with microfiber towels.

Step 5: Complete wipe down to remove polish residue using a CarPro Eraser IPA mixture.

Step 6: Wax using Griots Liquid Poly Wax (their sealant) with a red Buff N Shine 5.5" pad and speed setting 2.5 on the Griots DA Orbital. Let sit for 10-15 minutes, then buffed off with a blue edgeless towel (forget the brand).

Step 7: CarPro Eraser IPA wipe-down of all glass to remove any leftover wax and polish residues.

Step 8: Apply CarPro Reload Spray Sealant and wipe down with microfiber towels.

[video=youtube;hxARI5IaQU8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxARI5IaQU8[/video]

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I use Eagle One nano wax car wash with a microfiber mitt. I've been using Griot's Garage iron and fallout remover the last few times and it seriously works great. I haven't done a complete clay yet but I have started using Meguiars ultimate paste wax on the panels that I have clayed and man what a product.

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
I used a similar process except I prefer HD Speed All in One Polish/Wax to cut down on time.

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
E46, ZE132, C6Z06, Z34, GSX30, CKGT
That's a lot of steps just for washing. I use Chemical Guys products too; Honeydew shampoo and V07.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
You shouldn't need to use 'Clean Slate' or any other stripping shampoo for every wash. It will take all the wax on the car off. Once you get the car to a condition that looks good to you, wash with a good car soap, your drying method is spot on, and apply more wax or the spray sealant, no need to polish every time.

Atleson Detailing Service

OP
punchdrunkboost
Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Thread Starter #6
That's a lot of steps just for washing. I use Chemical Guys products too; Honeydew shampoo and V07.
I agree, I meant detailing.

You shouldn't need to use 'Clean Slate' or any other stripping shampoo for every wash. It will take all the wax on the car off. Once you get the car to a condition that looks good to you, wash with a good car soap, your drying method is spot on, and apply more wax or the spray sealant, no need to polish every time.

Atleson Detailing Service
Yes it wasn't meant for every wash, just detailing.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Great write up

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger 2.0T AWD
What's a good soap to wash the Stinger?

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What's a good soap to wash the Stinger?
For everyday washes, nothing wrong with meguairs gold class. Can get it at any auto part store, Walmart or Target .

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions
City
Hercules
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger
Step 1: Rinse down to remove large debris, then wash with Chemical Guys Clean Slate Surface Cleanser Wash. I use a single bucket, but rinse out the mitt after each panel. No drying.

Step 2: Mothers Clay Bar using the clean water from rinsing the car off as lube, along with some light misting of Mothers Instant Detailer. Using just water will allow the clay bar to leave very light scratches on the clear coat, not a huge deal since I was going to be polishing right after but didn't need the extra work.

Step 3: Blow dry remaining water off with leaf blower, then Chemical Guys Waffle Weave and leftover puddles to avoid spots.

Step 4: Polish using Griots Complete Polish with a white Buff N Shine 5.5" pad and speed setting 5 on the Griots DA Orbital. Wipe down with microfiber towels.

Step 5: Complete wipe down to remove polish residue using a CarPro Eraser IPA mixture.

Step 6: Wax using Griots Liquid Poly Wax (their sealant) with a red Buff N Shine 5.5" pad and speed setting 2.5 on the Griots DA Orbital. Let sit for 10-15 minutes, then buffed off with a blue edgeless towel (forget the brand).

Step 7: CarPro Eraser IPA wipe-down of all glass to remove any leftover wax and polish residues.

Step 8: Apply CarPro Reload Spray Sealant and wipe down with microfiber towels.

[video=youtube;hxARI5IaQU8]
I like your process and I tried to follow it. Thanks!

Reactions
City
mountain lakes
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Sringer GT AWD
I hand wash.
I use the meguiars mirror glaze polish (hand polish, though I'm tempted to get an orbital polisher). If needed I will clay using the Mother's speed clay 2.0. Then I use the turtle wax ice seal & shine for sealant. Then top that off with the turtle wax ice spray wax.
With kids I need to find quick methods to clean my stinger, plus 2 other cars. But really happy with the products.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
Any half way decent car wash soap ...

Technicians Choice TEC582 Ceramic Detail Spray ...

Result ...
Untitled.jpg

Questions?