Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger will be getting more power for 2021

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
https://www.yahoo.com/autos/kia-stinger-getting-more-power-162800789.html
The 2021 Kia Stinger will get more oomph when it arrives later this year, but a new report says the tweaks will come from modifications to its existing powertrain, not a new option atop the range.

The report from Australian site CarSales, which cites anonymous sources close to the automaker, appears to throw cold water on rumors that the Stinger would get the 3.5-liter turbocharged V6 from the new Genesis G80 sedan, which delivers 380 horsepower and 391 pound-feet of torque. The report says that the G80's 304-hp 2.5-liter turbo-four will not be coming to Australia as a replacement for the Stinger’s base 255-hp 2.0-liter turbo-four, and we would doubt it would for the United States, either.

In its range-topping models, the Stinger's 3.3-liter twin-turbo V6 offers 365 hp and 376 lb-ft. CarSales reports that engine will be juiced for more power by tweaking its bimodal exhaust. Unspecified design and equipment changes are also reportedly due

Now in its third year on the market, the Stinger turned a lot of heads when it debuted in 2017 at the Detroit auto show, and a long-term test version of the 2018 Stinger GT impressed Autoblog editors. It has failed to catch fire with buyers, but a performance-oriented premium sedan/hatchback made by Kia was always going to be a sales success long shot.

During the first three months of 2020, Kia sold 2,560 Stingers in the United States, down nearly 21%. Sales in 2019, when there was no global pandemic to skew numbers, totaled 13,861, down 17.5%. Kia discontinued the Premium trim packages for 2020.

Reactions
City
Mccormick
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT2
I just read that upgrade may be canceled

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
I just read that upgrade may be canceled
It's a rumor at best for now due to no official sources. But I see it being true personally, unfortunately.

-Matt

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

Reactions
City
Mccormick
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT2
Matt, I see this in much different light. I would hope they stop production now. Having a vehicle was only produced for a couple of years causes that car to rare and special. I dont want to see it became an Accord or Camry.
I bought my GT2 partly because of its exclusivity.
My $.02 worth.
Bruce

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 kia stinger gt
Matt, I see this in much different light. I would hope they stop production now. Having a vehicle was only produced for a couple of years causes that car to rare and special. I dont want to see it became an Accord or Camry.
I bought my GT2 partly because of its exclusivity.
My $.02 worth.
Bruce
my thoughts exactly. hoping sales continue to drop and they discontinue the stinger too

Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
Hoping that KIA has to discontinue our car because of slow sales, just so that we might have a limited production vehicle? Seriously?

Our cars are already made in low enough quantities that even if the model continues, we still have a unique enough car so that we should never wish such a thing on a manufacturer.

C'mon people, you're better than that ...

Reactions
City
Mccormick
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT2
Yes. No more Stingers built. I like never seeing another one when I drive mine.

Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
No. Many more Stingers built. I like never seeing a company lose money just because of selfish people .

Reactions
City
Mccormick
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT2
Please try and understand. The Stinger was never intended to be profitable. KIA makes a ton of cash of there SUV. They are doing very well and the Stinger was just to show the auto industry that they could build a higher end touring car. Please save your pity for the big three that are going to be hurting after the Corina hoax.

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 kia stinger gt
I think you misunderstand, I dont wish bad on kia as a company, you said that not anyone else. I hope the car becomes more of a rare car in the future.

Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
I don't think I misunderstood.

To say "hoping sales continue to drop and they discontinue the stinger" just so you can have "more of a rare car" can do nothing but hurt KIA.

Reactions
City
Mccormick
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT2
Again it's not going to hurt Kia. They produce 30k SUVs to one Stinger. They are going to be bigger than every other manufacturer except their sister Hyundai.
The Stinger is a loss leader and when a nobody like me can buy a $52500 vehicle for $40k they are not making money.
I really like Kia and the GT2 is my 3rd car from them. They offer the best value and great build quality so they will make mucho profit.
Again my $.02 worth.

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 kia stinger gt
I don't think I misunderstood.

To say "hoping sales continue to drop and they discontinue the stinger" just so you can have "more of a rare car" can do nothing but hurt KIA.
discontinuing the supra diddnt hurt toyota.

Reactions
City
Mccormick
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT2
Remember the Tiburon:)
Hyundai sporty car. GONE