Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Highway Patrol Car

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
The Kia Stinger could be the next Highway Patrol vehicle in Australia

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I'm surprised Australia would consider using a Kia instead of Holden. Very cool nevertheless.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
I'm surprised Australia would consider using a Kia instead of Holden. Very cool nevertheless.
Most of the Australian state & territory police forces prefer or mandate RWD platforms for highway patrol cars due to the extensive training provided. Holden have discontinued the Commodore/Chev SS production here and will be replacing it with the FWD Opel Insignia. No replacement likely for Ford's Falcon (also discontinued big RWD platform) ... so the only economically viable options are the 300C, Stinger. Interesting times ahead

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
I have to say ... as great as police contracts will be for Kia Oz, nothing cheapens the private ownership experience more than seeing your slightly unique car popping up everywhere in police colours! And they usually get upgraded brake packages (virtually track ready) and suspension tunes too ... lucky buggers ????

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
TRD
I'm with JimboGT - don't want them knowing the characteristics of the car, just in case I have to outrun them......meanwhile, back in the real world....

OP
SeoulStinger

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
Thread Starter #6
I agree with this, not only does it take away from the uniqueness, it'll drastically hurt the resale value.

I have to say ... as great as police contracts will be for Kia Oz, nothing cheapens the private ownership experience more than seeing your slightly unique car popping up everywhere in police colours! And they usually get upgraded brake packages (virtually track ready) and suspension tunes too ... lucky buggers ????

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Kia K900 V8
haha that is pretty cool to see this. Wonder if eventually they will be looked at here in the US to be considered for LE vehicles.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
I'm with JimboGT - don't want them knowing the characteristics of the car, just in case I have to outrun them......meanwhile, back in the real world....
smoky and the bandit with a K pop soundtrack.