Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger getting an Italian voice!

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
I put a layer of insulation down on top of the spare tire. But what i found best is to switch to sports mode eliminates most if not all of the drone by keeping that rpm out of the 1500 range.

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2 (CERSIL/RWD)
[MENTION=321]robz32[/MENTION] the sounds deadening material has helped quite a bit. Although keeping her out of the 1,500-2,000 RPM range is the biggest thing.

IMG_2302.jpg

BTW... were you ever able to Dyno your Stinger post the Tubi installation?

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
[MENTION=321]robz32[/MENTION] the sounds deadening material has helped quite a bit. Although keeping her out of the 1,500-2,000 RPM range is the biggest thing.

View attachment 1714

BTW... were you ever able to Dyno your Stinger post the Tubi installation?

Did you do the whole trunk area or just the spare tire compartment?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
[MENTION=238]mjsteelega[/MENTION] Yes the sound deadening helped. I did the same.

I did the base line (fully stock) but I have not had a chance to take it back and dyno it.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
I don't believe so I have had mine for 3 months now without issue and it is not my daily driver. It has sat upwards of two weeks without issue.
Looks like 3 weeks is too long I woke up to a dead battery on Saturday. I might look at rewiring this to shut off with the car if i keep getting sent out of town for work. Anyway just thought I would update everyone.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
You could get a battery tender that way you dont have to worry about the battery going flat.

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2 (CERSIL/RWD)
[MENTION=321]robz32[/MENTION] Happy Holidays. Hope you have been well. Did you ever dyno your car after the Tubi install? I'm curious to learn what kind of performance improvements we are getting.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
Added a switch to the control box.
20181230_142548_resized.jpg

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
[MENTION=321]robz32[/MENTION] Happy Holidays. Hope you have been well. Did you ever dyno your car after the Tubi install? I'm curious to learn what kind of performance improvements we are getting.
Have not had a chance [MENTION=238]mjsteelega[/MENTION]. I had made an appointment to get it done but the shop had to move it as they need it the dyno to tune a car for a customer who was having some warranty work done.

Late January is the scheduled date for the dyno. Let's hope it stays that way.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
A switch to turn off the box when I leave town. A tender was not an option no power outlet in my garage.
If you want to turn the box off when the car is off you could put a relay on a circuit that is on when the ignition is, and just have the relay output control the power to the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
How is the sound with the valves closed? I live in an apartment complex that really hates loud cars lol

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
The sound with the valve closed is comparable to stock on a cold start. Doubt you will have any issues.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The sound with the valve closed is comparable to stock on a cold start. Doubt you will have any issues.
Alright awesome, only other concern is long highway drives which I have to do 4-5 times a year. Is the drone minimal with them closed too?

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
I put a layer of dyno mat in spare tire area. The drone is minimal and non existent once you get above 2k rpm while cruising.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Just purchased the mufflers and x pipe! Does the x pipe make a huge difference in sound? Just curious

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Awesome!....it does help make it sound and flow better.
Congrats(y)

Keep us posted once you receive it.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Received the exhaust yesterday. The box was destroyed... luckily the exhaust was still in perfect condition. The only bad thing was the bolts and mounting bracket for the ECXU were not there.. :( luckily they are shipping them to me and I should have them soon. I was so anxious I did install the mufflers and it sounds so amazing!! The only complaint I have is there is a little drone at highway speeds with the valves closed, but I ordered some sound dampening material and I will install it in the trunk. I will post again once I get the x pipe and the dampening material installed.