Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger getting an Italian voice!

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2 (CERSIL/RWD)
[MENTION=396]AndyGT[/MENTION] I am looking for some help if possible please. In speaking with the David over at K8 Stinger Store it would appear he is unable to offer the pricing you had negotiated for forum members. Thus my only option to source at the moment in a dealer in AUS (who has been incredibly helpful BTW), but shipping is rather exorbitant at 450EU (or roughly $530). If a US dealer can ship a JunBL exhaust for $200 and it is sourced in Korea anyways, I am struggling to understand why shipping from Italy (at half the distance) is 2.5X the cost.

Any assistance/guidance is very much appreciated.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
[MENTION=238]mjsteelega[/MENTION] Check your PM

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Have you thought of organising shipping yourself?
See what the costs are involved

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

GSMCV

Reactions
State
TX
Country
Australia
The exhaust would come in 2 boxes. 1 box for rear muffler and 1 box for midpipe. Total weight is 40kg. DHL express from Italy to USA

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thanks for the info. The size/length of boxes will probably impact cost as well.

What doesn?t make a whole lot of sense to me is that it is less than half the cost to ship a cat-back exhaust system from Korea than from Italy.

I?m sure it?s just not easy to compare, but at a high level doesn?t make sense. Regardless, I?m ordering through a distributor in Australia since there doesn?t appear to be anyone in the US at this point who is going to carry it or work with Tubi Style.

Hope to have it installed by the end of September. Will post updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Awesome!!!...Glad to hear another Stinger is getting it on this side of the world.

I will be joining the ranks soon too [clap]

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
Well... it may not happen at this point. Has anyone else had difficulty getting the Tubi Style system? I placed an order well over a month ago and it has yet to ship from Italy. I understand summer "holidays" in Europe, but I was originally told on Aug31st that it was being produced the following week. As we get close to Oct 1st with no unit it sight, I am considering canceling my order. Anyone have any thoughts/insights? Thanks.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
[MENTION=238]mjsteelega[/MENTION] Hang tight my friend, I'm on the same boat. It's been two months for me and still no notice of a tracking number. They did say it was going out this week. We'll see

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thanks [MENTION=321]robz32[/MENTION] it does give me some reassurance knowing I'm not alone. Did you purchase directly or through a distributor? I went through ART in Australia; https://www.facebook.com/Autoracingtechnik/. Alvin there has been pretty cool to deal with and very responsive.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Ordered directly from Tubi

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Slovenia
What I Drive
Hyundai tiburon 2.0L 2006
Seem like to long wait for exhaust costing a fortune.

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Well... it may not happen at this point. Has anyone else had difficulty getting the Tubi Style system? I placed an order well over a month ago and it has yet to ship from Italy. I understand summer "holidays" in Europe, but I was originally told on Aug31st that it was being produced the following week. As we get close to Oct 1st with no unit it sight, I am considering canceling my order. Anyone have any thoughts/insights? Thanks.
That's crazy, did they charge your credit card already?

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
I got mine a month after they had it ready sat in customs for 10 business days.....:(

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
That's crazy, did they charge your credit card already?
I had to pay cash up front, which is even more crazy, and it has been more than 6 weeks. I did receive word that they have scheduled the shipment but I don't have all the details yet.
[MENTION=321]robz32[/MENTION] I have the installation guide and downloaded the iOS app but it is in German (surprise surprise!). have you seen anything in the way of an English app?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
[MENTION=238]mjsteelega[/MENTION] I have the installation guide in english. However I have not gone as far as downloading the app. I will try and download it today.

Also I received my tracking information Friday. [wiggle]

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
[MENTION=238]mjsteelega[/MENTION] I have the installation guide in english. However I have not gone as far as downloading the app. I will try and download it today.

Also I received my tracking information Friday. [wiggle]
I too received a tracking number, but when I try to look it up I only get an error. I am cautiously optimistic about tomorrow.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Downloaded the app on Android, through the google play store, and it was in english.

I just searched for tubi style on the play store and the app showed up.

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
Downloaded the app on Android, through the google play store, and it was in english.

I just searched for tubi style on the play store and the app showed up.
easy button.jpeg

That was easy! lol. Thanks [MENTION=321]robz32[/MENTION]

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
[MENTION=321]robz32[/MENTION] looks like there is finally some movement. Did you get any new info today?
Steele_Exhaust_shipment.png

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive