Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Ambient Lighting

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Are these on all trim levels? Sorry if the URL has it, it didn't load for me.

Klruff1

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
What all is part of the ambient lighting that you can change colors? Haven't been sitting in the car at night yet to mess around with it, just got the car a few days ago. I notice the dash light on the passenger side, I think maybe the door bins as well? Pic shows footwell too, but I have never noticed that lighting up. Anything else? Backseat too? Can't seem to find a description anywhere.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
What all is part of the ambient lighting that you can change colors? Haven't been sitting in the car at night yet to mess around with it, just got the car a few days ago. I notice the dash light on the passenger side, I think maybe the door bins as well? Pic shows footwell too, but I have never noticed that lighting up. Anything else? Backseat too? Can't seem to find a description anywhere.
Dash light and door lights UNDER the arm rest. Controlled through the dash settings menu.

The lights in the footwells ONLY light up when the headlights are ON and the Stinger is in PARK. They do not change color. Static at white.

Omegafoxx

Reactions
City
Middleburg
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Old post-but just bought a used GT....I don’t have any options for ambient lighting, 2 options in user settings is all I have. Is this something I can hook up or do a quick fix myself?

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome @Omegafoxx I'm not sure if the 2018 came with the ambient lighting or not, the 19's did..

Omegafoxx

Reactions
City
Middleburg
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
No ambient lighting under ’Lighting, User Settings’ FIX (for me):
Car off, inside on left side, take fuse panel cover off, turn switch off, pull “Module 1” out, make sure it’s not blown-put it back in. Switch back on, turn car on-any luck?

My story...
Follow-up to my rage of not accessing Ambient lighting settings. So took my Stinger to local Kia dealership...2X...their service advisor couldn’t figure it out and their master tech couldn’t figure it out. So I am scheduled to come back in 2 weeks...Fuc that, I’m a electrician, so I started looking, reading and watching YT videos(again) came to conclusion no one knows why or has a fix for the “standard feature all Stingers should have.”
Finally I visited another Stinger forum, a said they “pulled the Module 1 out, inspected it for breaks(wasn’t blown) and put it back in...IT WORKED!” I shut the car off and back on-it freakin worked...Ambient lighting fixed.

Attachments

djerickd

Reactions
City
Tampa
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GTS
wow sweet

Gonzo7

Reactions
City
Kirkland
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia stinger base
Car off, inside on left side, take fuse panel cover off, turn switch off, pull “Module 1” out, make sure it’s not blown-put it back in. Switch back on, turn car on-any luck?

My story...
Follow-up to my rage of not accessing Ambient lighting settings. So took my Stinger to local Kia dealership...2X...their service advisor couldn’t figure it out and their master tech couldn’t figure it out. So I am scheduled to come back in 2 weeks...Fuc that, I’m a electrician, so I started looking, reading and watching YT videos(again) came to conclusion no one knows why or has a fix for the “standard feature all Stingers should have.”
Finally I visited another Stinger forum, a said they “pulled the Module 1 out, inspected it for breaks(wasn’t blown) and put it back in...IT WORKED!” I shut the car off and back on-it freakin worked...Ambient lighting fixed.
which stinger trim do you have? Looked frantically on my 2020 gt-line. But i am ready to try what you suggested!

Omegafoxx

Reactions
City
Middleburg
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
‘18 Stinger GT2

Reactions
City
Fort Thomas
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 Stinger
Purchased a 2021 Kia Stinger GT Line. When I try to access the Ambient Lighting there is nothing on the screen?? No mention of ambient lighting at all. I did factory reset the car upon purchasing, did I wipe out the ambient lighting? We do not have the disc for storing the info, is this necessary???

Thanks!

Dusty

Liminator

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT Limited

My story...
Im going to have to try this. I only just recently noticed that my ambient lighting is off and its completely GONE from the menus where it used to be. I was like... WTF. Not sure if it had to do with a recent head unit nav and audio update I did. 2018 GT2 as well.