Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia E Logo Explained

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Closer look at the Kia E Emblem Badge.

• Engineered by Excellence
  • Exclusive
  • Exquisite
  • Evolutionary

The E logo symbolizes the maximized performance of its rear-wheel driving. It also stands for the company's new theme "'Engineered by Excellence." Aside from that, the logo means Exclusive, Exquisite and Evolutionary. The new logo symbolizes the car's new premium line-up. However, this logo will only be available in its home South Korea. When it is shipped internationally, the car will have its normal Kia logo. The company did this because its Kia badge seemed to attract more people than just the E-logo.

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
I still think its odd to have an E badge on the Stinger.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Ultimate
I wonder if they're the same size as the KIA emblems. If so, we should be able to get sets of these to cover them. As in Genesis logos over the Hyundai "H". But I agree that the "E" virtually screams "Electric".

For years after KIA came to the states, I was uncomfortable with its name. "KIA" had already been embedded in my brain as "Killed In Action".

Perhaps another logo could be associated with "Stinger". The scorpion is already associated with Abarth. Maybe the butt end of a hornet? [confused]

OP
ATXStinger

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Thread Starter #4
haha Killed in Action, never thought about that. The hornet idea is brilliant, I'd totally rock that.

I wonder if they're the same size as the KIA emblems. If so, we should be able to get sets of these to cover them. As in Genesis logos over the Hyundai "H". But I agree that the "E" virtually screams "Electric".

For years after KIA came to the states, I was uncomfortable with its name. "KIA" had already been embedded in my brain as "Killed In Action".

Perhaps another logo could be associated with "Stinger". The scorpion is already associated with Abarth. Maybe the butt end of a hornet? [confused]

Reactions
State
PR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Azera
I prefers the K logo !!

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
As a Scorpio, I'd definitely go for a scorpion logo..lol.

Randall

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
South Korea
What I Drive
2011 Infiniti G25
I went into a Kia dealership in Korea and looked at the Stinger. When I questioned the salesman about the "E" logo he told me it was really an "S".
I gave him a WTF look but I didn't press him on it.

OP
ATXStinger

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Thread Starter #9
I went into a Kia dealership in Korea and looked at the Stinger. When I questioned the salesman about the "E" logo he told me it was really an "S".
haha, you should of played along and have him explain what the S meant.

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
lol

Randall

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
South Korea
What I Drive
2011 Infiniti G25
haha, you should of played along and have him explain what the S meant.
He didn't say but I believe the "S" stands for Stinger. Which makes more sense than the "E". I don't really care if it is a S or an E as long as it isn't a KIA badge.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
This logo doesn't exist on the USDM car, does it? I've not found it - or haven't looked yet. LOL

Randall

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
South Korea
What I Drive
2011 Infiniti G25
only stingers in Korea have the E badge. in all other countries the badge is Kia.

Gotboost

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Ordered and received the E badges

only stingers in Korea have the E badge. in all other countries the badge is Kia.

I ordered the Badges from ebay . I received 4 for the rims , the front of car, and on the back im replacing KIA with Stinger badges .. cost me $70USA with shipping. [driving][driving]

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
When I first saw this "E" logo, it was first claimed to be a "sigma" symbol. Perhaps that's why the salesman thought it was an "S". Shortly after it came out it became an "E" and KIA said it stood for excellence, exclusivity, engineering, etc... blah blah blah... KIA just needs to come out with a nicer looking and all new logo already...

Reactions
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 KiaStinger Premium
..to me..this incredibly beautiful, geometrically
circular, and now also iconic E logo, reminds me of the timeless Bugatti B emblem...albeit clipped at the end to make the B into an elegant E...

Reactions
City
Hurstbourne
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 GT-Elite
1601041814707.png

Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 stinger GT2
That emblem is has elegance. I wanted the slanted K emblem til I found it was used as far back as 2011.The E logo doesn't make sense. I suppose the "dead fish" rear-end look will catch on, but I like my 2018 GT2 better. Hope the 2018's become collectibles if there weren't many produced. I might keep it and modify the H out of it near the end of the warranty.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1