Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Join us on our journey... SSR PERFORMANCE Power Pack 3 Development!

OP
S
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #21
Hey guys!

Just to let you know.. I have created a page on our website that will keep all the essential information regarding our upcoming products for the Stinger GT 3.3TT all in one place. The forums are great for conversation of course, but this page will be an easy one-stop informational learner page for people who are seeing this thread for the first time since scrolling through page after page isn't the most efficient way to quickly learn about our products.

ALSO, I have added in a form on that same page for you guys to be able to provide your direct contact information for the specific products that you guys are interested in so that I can notify you guys immediately as soon as the product(s) are available for sale on our website! :)

Click this link now to sign up to be notified as soon as our products hit the market!

--> SIGN UP NOW <--

Shah @ SSR Performance

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
Can I get a drumroll pleaseeeee!

Here are the official weight savings numbers that you guys requested earlier today! Stayed extra late tonight to get these for you guys, so please excuse any grammar mistakes / typos [sleeping] As always we designed these products with all aspects of performance in mind. We crafted these systems to save as much weight as possible from the stock setups without losing any structural integrity / decreasing any functionality. Without further adieu, here are the official numbers for the products that we have developed thus far:

SSR PERFORMANCE EXHAUST COMPONENT WEIGHT SAVINGS

DOWNPIPE:
Stock - 23.2 lbs
SSR Performance Competition Series - 15.9 lbs
Total Weight Saving - 7.3 lbs

AXLE BACK EXHAUST:
Stock - 40.3 lbs
SSR Performance Competition Series - 16.2 lbs
Total Weight Saving - 24.1 lbs

DOWNPIPE + AXLEBACK COMBO:
Stock - 63.5 lbs
SSR Performance Competition Series - 32.1 lbs
Total Weight Savings - 31.4 lbs

WOW. Those numbers are pretty significant! Especially for just a quick exhaust swap. But wait, it almost sounds too good to be true... let's do a quick sanity check. Do these numbers actually make sense? They most DEFINITELY do. If you haven't already, go take a look at the two FAT mufflers that Kia stuck under your 3.3TT. By just swapping that axle back out for ours you save 24.1 lbs!!! As far as the downpipes go, you save 7.3 lbs by swapping to ours (also makes sense considering those cats aren't as huge as the mufflers). Shedding a quick 31.4 lbs with just the swap of a couple exhaust components? That doesn't sound too bad, now does it? (pun intended) :)

Shah @ SSR Performance
Those are very significant numbers, just waiting to hear how it sounds.[biggrin]

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Great development so far, please continue updating this thread, I'd like to be able to ask questions.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Finally some intel on the factory exhaust weight. Great job [MENTION=1309]ssr performance[/MENTION]

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Great stuff guys! Subscribed!

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Thanks for sharing the stock exhaust weights, been wondering for quite some time.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Subscribed. Excellent weight saving.

I am looking forward to the EVC exhaust you are developing. I am personally looking for something almost OEM quite for daily driving and when turned on, opens up to a straight no muffler for max performance.

Not sure if this has been asked, but what size is the piping?

OP
S
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #28
Those are very significant numbers, just waiting to hear how it sounds.[biggrin]
I thought so as well! The Competition series axleback will sound much like any other muffler delete considering that it's straight pipes. However, the advantage of replacing your stock axleback with our axleback will be the benefits of the larger diameter piping along with the removal of the muffler allowing more flow, therefore increasing performance, as well as the amazing structural integrity of a fully TIG welded Stainless Steel 304 piece :)

Great development so far, please continue updating this thread, I'd like to be able to ask questions.
I'll be here for you guys! Here to help as much as I can!

Finally some intel on the factory exhaust weight. Great job [MENTION=1309]ssr performance[/MENTION]
Yup! Thank you very much! Keep in mind though that this does not include the weight of the midpipe. Didn't think to measure it considering that currently we are not developing anything for it. Probably will do so in the near future though! Just depends on the demand for that product.

Great stuff guys! Subscribed!
Thank you very much! Glad to have you here :)

Thanks for sharing the stock exhaust weights, been wondering for quite some time.
Yeah no worries at all! Just keep in mind, like I mentioned above, this does not include the weight of the midpipe. Read my reply to robz32 above to read more! Thank you! :)

Subscribed. Excellent weight saving.

I am looking forward to the EVC exhaust you are developing. I am personally looking for something almost OEM quite for daily driving and when turned on, opens up to a straight no muffler for max performance.

Not sure if this has been asked, but what size is the piping?
Then I can say with confidence that we are currently working on something that you will love! :) The exhaust is crafted with 2.5" stainless steel 304 pipe.

Shah @ SSR Performance

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Then I can say with confidence that we are currently working on something that you will love! :) The exhaust is crafted with 2.5" stainless steel 304 pipe.
Excellent, can't wait.

Will it be a vacuum type or electric type valve?

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Can I get a drumroll pleaseeeee!

Here are the official weight savings numbers that you guys requested earlier today! Stayed extra late tonight to get these for you guys, so please excuse any grammar mistakes / typos [sleeping] As always we designed these products with all aspects of performance in mind. We crafted these systems to save as much weight as possible from the stock setups without losing any structural integrity / decreasing any functionality. Without further adieu, here are the official numbers for the products that we have developed thus far:

SSR PERFORMANCE EXHAUST COMPONENT WEIGHT SAVINGS

DOWNPIPE:
Stock - 23.2 lbs
SSR Performance Competition Series - 15.9 lbs
Total Weight Saving - 7.3 lbs

AXLE BACK EXHAUST:
Stock - 40.3 lbs
SSR Performance Competition Series - 16.2 lbs
Total Weight Saving - 24.1 lbs

DOWNPIPE + AXLEBACK COMBO:
Stock - 63.5 lbs
SSR Performance Competition Series - 32.1 lbs
Total Weight Savings - 31.4 lbs

WOW. Those numbers are pretty significant! Especially for just a quick exhaust swap. But wait, it almost sounds too good to be true... let's do a quick sanity check. Do these numbers actually make sense? They most DEFINITELY do. If you haven't already, go take a look at the two FAT mufflers that Kia stuck under your 3.3TT. By just swapping that axle back out for ours you save 24.1 lbs!!! As far as the downpipes go, you save 7.3 lbs by swapping to ours (also makes sense considering those cats aren't as huge as the mufflers). Shedding a quick 31.4 lbs with just the swap of a couple exhaust components? That doesn't sound too bad, now does it? (pun intended) :)

Shah @ SSR Performance
Mannnnn that crazy weight wow[8]

WildBill

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Keep in mind though that this does not include the weight of the midpipe. Didn't think to measure it considering that currently we are not developing anything for it. Probably will do so in the near future though! Just depends on the demand for that product.
I swear I saw a picture of the midpipe where it had a huge crimp in it for clearance at the axle. If this is the case then it would be a significant restriction, worthy of replacement.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
I swear I saw a picture of the midpipe where it had a huge crimp in it for clearance at the axle. If this is the case then it would be a significant restriction, worthy of replacement.
If you get a chance, take a peek when she's up on the lift for an oil change. The piping has crazy shapes, diameter changes, etc.

OP
S
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #33
Excellent, can't wait.

Will it be a vacuum type or electric type valve?
We have seen a lot more reliability with the vacuum valves, and we are also able to fully integrate the vacuum valve with the vehicle for easy simple wireless remote operation! So goes without saying, we will be using a vacuum activated valve system.

Mannnnn that crazy weight wow[8]
Yes it is! :)

It's not crimped per se, the diameter is not ideal on the piping. We are definitely going to be looking into developing that in the near near future to then be able to offer a full "cat-back" exhaust. So keep an eye out!

If you get a chance, take a peek when she's up on the lift for an oil change. The piping has crazy shapes, diameter changes, etc.
Yup! What he said!

Shah @ SSR Performance

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
We have seen a lot more reliability with the vacuum valves, and we are also able to fully integrate the vacuum valve with the vehicle for easy simple wireless remote operation! So goes without saying, we will be using a vacuum activated valve system.
Shah @ SSR Performance
Excellent, I was hoping you would say that.

Any plans for a complete turbo back with a 100/200 Cell cat?

Last edited:

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
^^^THIS!!!....2.5" pipe with some high flow cats, to replace the restrictive down pipes and precats. That is something I will be interested on.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
^^^THIS!!!....2.5" pipe with some high flow cats, to replace the restrictive down pipes and precats. That is something I will be interested on.
Nobody has a full exhaust solution for the Stinger yet. Ideally a high quality racing 100 or 200 Cell 2.5" cat right after the turbo to keep the sensor happy and reduce the fuel smell, and then staying at 2.5" all the way back without any restrictions, and at the back have a well silenced muffler for daily driving and a straight pipe the other way when the EVC is turned on for max performance.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Technically there is. It just hasn't been released for sale. They guys at Tork Motorsports ran with a full cat less setup for a while (from the turbos all the way out), but they started having overboost problems after a few runs. Keep in mind this was before they cracked the ECU.

A set of down pipes to eliminate precats and a set of test pipes with a pair of high flow cats, to replace the factory cats, will definitely make a world of a difference.

OP
S
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #38
Excellent, I was hoping you would say that.

Any plans for a complete turbo back with a 100/200 Cell cat?
We can most definitely look into that! I'll let you know if we ever decide to try that setup.

Sounds like a great idea! Will be looking into making this happen.

Shah @ SSR Performance

OP
S
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #39
Hey guys!

Just a quick update on everything. The official production for our SSR Performance Competition Downpipes along with the SSR Performance Competition Axle Back has begun! We are very excited to announce that just within the next week or so we will be updating the website and opening these products up for pre-order so that you can get in line to be one of the first people to own an SSR Performance product for your Stinger 3.3TT!

Along with the preorder pages we will also be uploading videos / dyno sheets of the products so that you guys will know what to expect as far as sound and performance. Meanwhile, Steven is hard at work finishing up final development / test fitment on our intake system that will be released shortly after the above mentioned items. Sit tight! Things are about to get fast ;)

Shah @ SSR Performance

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
That is awesome!!!....You guys sure move quick. Can't wait.