Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

JB4 - @!#?@!ing (The Imortal words of Qburt)

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Just installed yesterday,
Look, you could do nothing to this car and it is a beast and way fun to drive! If however you plan on doing some mods this should be on your list!!!
HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!! The torque gains are amazing, specially when rolling and at speed. Huge difference in feel!! Forget 15hp here or there, this upgrade rocks!
I'm running:

JB4 map2
Injen Intakes
Ultimate Performance intercooler upgrade
Catless secondary midpipes from ARK
Race Chip XLR throttle controller on sport+ mode
Atq collar kit

If you are considering a chip get this one, lots of guys here to help you out and crazy power with the 3 additional PSI on map 2!! Totally worth the money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Glad to see you are enjoying it. Definitely the best money spent on a mod.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
Chris71
Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Thread Starter #3
Glad to see you are enjoying it. Definitely the best money spent on a mod.

I am! You know I held onto it for past 2-3 weeks. I had that noise issue that thought was originally a big issue, the the level of my paranoia rose from researching and trying to track it down, sent two BOVs back, then thought was a wastegate or turbo issue. Had the issue for two months and had lost confidence. It all turned out to be the stupid worm clamps on right side intake!! Replaced them all with stainless tbolt clamps. Car instantly became fun to drive again, now with the JB4 just insane lol!

What gages do you like to run?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Niicee....glad to hear you enjoying the car again.

I have IAT, Boost, Throttle, water temp, rpm, map

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I'm glad your enjoying your new mod chris, just wait until you get your Tail BOV back on an it works right this time. :cool::p:geek::whistle:

Reactions
Are you just running the factory plugs @ 0.026?

I plan on getting the JB4 but I'm worried about spark blow out from all the reading I've been doing on the JB4.

OP
Chris71
Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Thread Starter #7
No, plus are a must

OP
Chris71
Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Thread Starter #8
I got the denso plugs recommended by BMS. Jb4 is awesome, best mod for sure

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
ALWAYS verify (or have your tech verify) the gap on any plugs you intend to buy and install!

Koreandude

Reactions
I got the denso plugs recommended by BMS. Jb4 is awesome, best mod for sure

I have the Denso plugs and the JB4 w/ BT adapter on the way. Btw, I did watch the install video and it seems straight forward. But how does the JB4 connect to the cars canbus system? Since the app can perform datalog and real time monitoring of the sensors, I don't remember seeing any interface with the OBDII and the JB4, especially since everything is located under the hood...

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
There is an OBDII connector that connects to the car. That is how it is able to read and adjust the values as well as log the runs.

Koreandude

Reactions
There is an OBDII connector that connects to the car. That is how it is able to read and adjust the values as well as log the runs.
Ah ok. Maybe I somehow glossed over that step in the install.

Last edited:

Koreandude

Reactions
Package came yesterday evening, took me about 2 hours to install the plugs, the JB4 and the wireless kit and arrange it nicely. Running that OBD2 wire through the grommit was such a pain but I didn't need to remove the ECU at all to fish it out. I just used one of those flex claw pick up tools and grabbed the small square harness piece and pulled it up.

Also, for the plugs, you don't have to remove the intake plenum to get to the center plug on the passenger side as long as you have a u-joint and a variety of extensions that allow some "angle" or swivel. Wasn't bad and saved time.

Also, I didn't know at the time but the short black wire and long black wire next to the JB4's OBD2 connector are for the O2 sensors to control fuel. As far as I know, it works without them connected but if connected, gives you more power and the JB4 more control. I'll be doing that this weekend.

I was a little salty I had to spend another 27 bucks for the JB4 Mobile app but I had no choice if I wanted to use the product to it's fullest. Connected easily and everything worked as advertised. Map1 is a nice little bump but Map2, wow, my rear tires aren't going to last very long. This was well worth the money.

I ordered a magnetic phone holder for the dash and some nicer USB cables. Being able to monitor IATs, oil temps, boost, etc. and change maps on the fly through the app is awesome. Too bad it can't integrate with Android Auto and display on the center screen.

I tried datalogging some runs but nothing captured for some reason. I'm probably just not doing something right although it seems straight forward.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Are you just running the factory plugs @ 0.026?

I plan on getting the JB4 but I'm worried about spark blow out from all the reading I've been doing on the JB4.

I am running my factory NGK plugs @ .025 and have not had a single problem. Running the JB4 on anywhere from map3 to map 6. Flawless.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome back @MurlinatoR, haven't seen you for quite awhile.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Welcome back @MurlinatoR, haven't seen you for quite awhile.
Hahahahahaha Hey bro! Happy hump day!

Yeah, It's been crazy for the last 6 months. We have huge construction going on that's got everything upside down and the new Telluride has had every bit of spare time that I had consumed. LOL

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
I am running my factory NGK plugs @ .025 and have not had a single problem. Running the JB4 on anywhere from map3 to map 6. Flawless.
Holy moly!!....Where have you been dude!. Good to see you are still around.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Holy moly!!....Where have you been dude!. Good to see you are still around.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I know... On the positive side, I'm not dead. LOL

tank4376

Reactions
City
Kathleen
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 KIA Stinger GT1 Mica Blue
Do you guys have a link and some information on this JB4 im interested. --Thanks

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1