Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

{{ ImportShark }} Stinger-Logo Steering Wheel Badge

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
We just got these in stock today. Same material as the EVGR wheel caps. These are an overlay but I'm sure can be used as a replacement. I'm going to test that out pretty soon and will report back. For the time being though, here's an inexpensive steering wheel badge option with the Stinger logo!

PURCHASE LINK

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Looks great! I was wondering why the ?GT? wheel caps are $70 and the similar ?Stinger? style are only $20? As I recall the ?GT? wheel caps used to be $20... is there a typo on your site?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Mike @ ImportShark
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Thread Starter #3
Looks great! I was wondering why the ?GT? wheel caps are $70 and the similar ?Stinger? style are only $20? As I recall the ?GT? wheel caps used to be $20... is there a typo on your site?
We sold a ton of those and there are only a couple remaining. I jacked up the EBay price so as to not lose the place in the search. (And matched it on the site so as to not sell the remaining few). Will lower it back down when more inventory arrives.

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Oh... ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Mike @ ImportShark
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Thread Starter #5
Yea just give it a few weeks and those will be the same as the other models

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
Buyer Beware!

Don't buy the Stinger script steering wheel overlay badge from Import Shark. You'll waste your $15. They need a different overlay product source as it doesn't stay down on the existing badge and with one sunny, 70 degree day, the vinyl overlay started tearing away from its own backing! I have the wheel cap overlays from The Stinger Store who uses a source out of Florida and they work perfectly. YOU WILL NOT GET A REFUND!

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Don't buy the Stinger script steering wheel overlay badge from Import Shark. You'll waste your $15. They need a different overlay product source as it doesn't stay down on the existing badge and with one sunny, 70 degree day, the vinyl overlay started tearing away from its own backing! I have the wheel cap overlays from The Stinger Store who uses a source out of Florida and they work perfectly. YOU WILL NOT GET A REFUND!
Did you clean the area with alcohol before applying the overlay? Thanks for the heads up though.

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
[MENTION=749]diggerdale[/MENTION] there's a couple of other people that have complained about peeling problems too but it looks like he's taking care of them with replacements, hopefully he'll see this post and respond soon.

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
Yes, it was cleaned, but even if I did it wrong that?s not the biggest problem. The overlay vinyl started to tear away from the backing. in other words, even after the stinger overly vinyl badge came off, I still needed to peel a gluey backing off the original badge. This problem started after only a few days. After several emails, they finally admitted that some others have had issues and that they were ?investigating?, but they would not give me a refund. I love the way the badge looks, but this is a poor quality product.

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
I don?t know, maybe it was a badge batch, but that wasn?t suggested or implied and a replacement that might work wasn?t offered. My last email asked that since they had my $15 and weren?t going to give me a refund, if they would please send me a replacement if they?re able to figure it out. There was no reply. But you already know all that don?t you StingerMike. It?s great you?re selling cool products online, but when you sell products that really don?t work, you need to either provide one that does or refund their money. You can choose not to, but just don?t be surprised when they try to warn others online.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
I don't know, maybe it was a badge batch, but that wasn't suggested or implied and a replacement that might work wasn't offered. My last email asked that since they had my $15 and weren't going to give me a refund, if they would please send me a replacement if they're able to figure it out. There was no reply. But you already know all that don't you StingerMike. It's great you're selling cool products online, but when you sell products that really don't work, you need to either provide one that does or refund their money. You can choose not to, but just don't be surprised when they try to warn others online.
You do know that that "@Mike @ ImportShark" AND "@stingermike" are two different people right? The original poster of this thread is the one that is selling the product.

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
I don?t know, maybe it was a badge batch, but that wasn?t suggested or implied and a replacement that might work wasn?t offered. My last email asked that since they had my $15 and weren?t going to give me a refund, if they would please send me a replacement if they?re able to figure it out. There was no reply. But you already know all that don?t you StingerMike. It?s great you?re selling cool products online, but when you sell products that really don?t work, you need to either provide one that does or refund their money. You can choose not to, but just don?t be surprised when they try to warn others online.
LOL what? I'm not affiliated with Import Shark, I saw that people were complaining about having the same issues on Social Media and that he was offering replacements.
[MENTION=339]Mike @ ImportShark[/MENTION] is the owner, you can contact him here https://www.kiastinger.org/forum/members/339-Mike-ImportShark

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
My bad and my apologies StingerMike!

OP
Mike @ ImportShark
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Thread Starter #14
Our worker was trying to assist with this issue, but what we got in return was fire and brimstone. This is a $15 badge at the end of the day--not something to get yourself worked up about and coming here on the forum twisting the story to make it sound like we were throwing the situation back in your face. I looked at the emails myself you were offered the suggestion that detailing chemicals by the dealership may have been effecting the adhesion of the badge. We had advised this is something we are looking into now and speaking with the manufacturer about. Things did not even get to the point where we would have had to make the decision to give refund, but you did confirm you would want the revised version anyway. That brings things back here to the actual point of coming into the forum throwing around negativity like we purposely hosed you and weren't even giving the slightest hint of trying to assist because that's just wrong.

With that aside, I can verify that we shipped out in the area of 50-60 of these badges and received word that 5-6 of them had this issue. There does not appear to be anywhere near a 100% defect rate, but 10% is still way too high in my opinion. EVGR has been following along closely to the info and pictures we've shared and have already offered the suggestion of providing additional inventory with one of the two higher-strength adhesives that they have. (Note that the steering badge adhesive is the same as what's used on their wheel caps and we've only heard of excellent feedback on those without a single reported issue after a few hundred orders shipped out). The only thing we're waiting to hear from EVGR is if they're going to send an entire inventory of the revised version or just a handful of them as testers before doing a full run. It's something I was going to post updates about anyway tomorrow.

So I really hope this clears the air and we can continue assisting with this matter.

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
I twisted nothing! The only thing twisted is what you just wrote. I was cordial in all my email correspondence and would welcome sending the thread to anyone interested in seeing it. That said, I did call the product a ?piece of shit? when it literally fell apart on a warm day. Yes, it is just a $15 sticker and I could care less about the money, BUT I DONT LIKE BEING TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF. I?ll say it again and it?s this simple...the product didn?t work and it wasn?t user error. It literally fell apart on a warm day. I don?t mean it peeled off because it wasn?t adhering to the badge underneath, THE VINYL LITERALLY TORE AWAY FROM ITS OWN BACKING AND THAT IS AN INFERIOR PRODUCT. Like I said, maybe I got one from a bad batch, but AT NO TIME, EVEN UP TO THIS VERY MOMENT, HAVE I BEEN OFFERED A REPLACEMENT OR A REFUND. So I simply went back to where I bought it online to warn others that they too could waste their $15. If that makes me a bad guy spewing ?fire and brimstone?, so be it.

OP
Mike @ ImportShark
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Thread Starter #16
I twisted nothing! The only thing twisted is what you just wrote. I was cordial in all my email correspondence and would welcome sending the thread to anyone interested in seeing it. That said, I did call the product a ?piece of shit? when it literally fell apart on a warm day. Yes, it is just a $15 sticker and I could care less about the money, BUT I DONT LIKE BEING TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF. I?ll say it again and it?s this simple...the product didn?t work and it wasn?t user error. It literally fell apart on a warm day. I don?t mean it peeled off because it wasn?t adhering to the badge underneath, THE VINYL LITERALLY TORE AWAY FROM ITS OWN BACKING AND THAT IS AN INFERIOR PRODUCT. Like I said, maybe I got one from a bad batch, but AT NO TIME, EVEN UP TO THIS VERY MOMENT, HAVE I BEEN OFFERED A REPLACEMENT OR A REFUND. So I simply went back to where I bought it online to warn others that they too could waste their $15. If that makes me a bad guy spewing ?fire and brimstone?, so be it.
Um yes in your first and maybe even second email you were cordial, but after that were (and still are) basically acting hostile and aggressive. I have no idea why in the world you're getting yourself worked up over a $15 item, regardless of whether you had a problem with it or not. This is something we've been extremely responsive and helpful about, but you're still flipping out. If someone's providing you with assistance, that's the farthest thing from taking advantage of you. At no time was my worker challenging anything that you said--and in fact, he specifically stated that he wasn't arguing about the issue you experienced. He was very clear about that when suggesting the potential cause and troubleshooting steps.

Also, you might want to check the email chain again because here's an exact cut-and-paste quote:
"...we would be happy to send you a replacement, either from current stock or any revised version that is possibly released shortly if deemed necessary."

You literally replied that you'd want the revised version. Like 2 days ago.

So again, I will re-iterate what was relayed via email. We are aware of an issue with a very limited sample of these and it is being investigated. At this point, I have already told the manufacturer that a 10% defect rate is too high and we'd like the inventory replaced with the stronger adhesive (even higher than what the wheel caps have). Replacements will be available to anyone who had an issue.

Fastozi

Reactions
State
WA
Country
Australia
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Our worker was trying to assist with this issue, but what we got in return was fire and brimstone. This is a $15 badge at the end of the day--not something to get yourself worked up about and coming here on the forum twisting the story to make it sound like we were throwing the situation back in your face. I looked at the emails myself you were offered the suggestion that detailing chemicals by the dealership may have been effecting the adhesion of the badge. We had advised this is something we are looking into now and speaking with the manufacturer about. Things did not even get to the point where we would have had to make the decision to give refund, but you did confirm you would want the revised version anyway. That brings things back here to the actual point of coming into the forum throwing around negativity like we purposely hosed you and weren't even giving the slightest hint of trying to assist because that's just wrong.

With that aside, I can verify that we shipped out in the area of 50-60 of these badges and received word that 5-6 of them had this issue. There does not appear to be anywhere near a 100% defect rate, but 10% is still way too high in my opinion. EVGR has been following along closely to the info and pictures we've shared and have already offered the suggestion of providing additional inventory with one of the two higher-strength adhesives that they have. (Note that the steering badge adhesive is the same as what's used on their wheel caps and we've only heard of excellent feedback on those without a single reported issue after a few hundred orders shipped out). The only thing we're waiting to hear from EVGR is if they're going to send an entire inventory of the revised version or just a handful of them as testers before doing a full run. It's something I was going to post updates about anyway tomorrow.

So I really hope this clears the air and we can continue assisting with this matter.
Hi Mike

Just wondering the defect issues have been resolved......I am considering ordering one soon

Cheers

OP
Mike @ ImportShark
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Thread Starter #18
Hi Mike

Just wondering the defect issues have been resolved......I am considering ordering one soon

Cheers
Well we stopped shipping them out as of this past Friday and did an inventory check. 63 orders total shipped out and there were 7 reported issues. Not a huge amount but more than there should be. EVGR is already in the process of making a revised version with a stronger adhesive, which they said should bond to the aluminum Kia logo better. That new inventory is due next week. Any orders between now and then (and after) will just get the new version.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Um yes in your first and maybe even second email you were cordial, but after that were (and still are) basically acting hostile and aggressive. I have no idea why in the world you're getting yourself worked up over a $15 item, regardless of whether you had a problem with it or not.
What is wrong with you? What business owner would tell a customer they shouldn't get worked up over something because it only cost $15?

I'm starting to understand more everyday why you have an "F" from the BBB and got ran off from other car forums. Some of the things you type could be case studies on how to provide shitty customer service.

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
Hi Mike

Cheers
Don?t do it! Don?t buy from Import Shark. The Shark in the name is very appropriate. Check out his reviews here (1.5 out of 5 stars) and his big fat ?F? rating with the state of New York better business bureau.

https://resellerratings.com/store/Import_Shark

https://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/business-reviews/new-auto-parts/import-shark-in-thornwood-ny-85077