Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

{{ ImportShark }} NEW! JL Audio Stealth Subwoofer

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Add some bump to your trunk...
http://importshark.com/catalog/prod.../2421/osCsid/d146ed055e453e7af7492a400110477a

Also, we're looking for a GT1/GT2 owner in or around the NYC area who might be available to swing by for minor R&D on the Harman Kardon sound system wiring. All we really have to check is the subwoofer output to make sure if it's the same as the base. Please inbox me if you might be able to assist with this!

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
How about a before-and-after video to get an idea of the difference? I might be interested but for that price tag I want to know what I'm paying for. [twothumb]

OP
Mike @ ImportShark
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Thread Starter #3
How about a before-and-after video to get an idea of the difference? I might be interested but for that price tag I want to know what I'm paying for. [twothumb]
What would you like to see in the vid? We're currently working on complete step-by-step install vids for all of the DIY-ers out there. That would likely show you what you're hoping to check out.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
How about a replacement to the OEM subwoofer?

OP
Mike @ ImportShark
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Thread Starter #5
How about a replacement to the OEM subwoofer?
That was the first thing we tried. The OEM woofer enclosure is absolutely teeny--not enough air space to create a nice upgrade over stock. It could be decent with upgraded woofers and an amp, but nowhere near what a properly designed box in the hatch area can reproduce.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
Mike are there shallow subs that can replace the stock subs?

OP
Mike @ ImportShark
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Thread Starter #7
Mike are there shallow subs that can replace the stock subs?
Yes there are shallow mount woofers you can get and link with an amp. There's still a minimum amount of air space needed but generally less than a "normal" sub. If you have a base model, it might get you to a little better than the base with the HK sound system. This stealth setup is on another level--it gives you a nice thump that's sorely missing in both sound systems. The fact that it comes with the bass knob is just the cherry on top.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
As the saying goes "there's an ass for every seat."

Anyone foolish enough to pay $1760 for a $150 dollar subwoofer, a $200 amp, and a wiring kit deserves to be separated from their money.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
What would you like to see in the vid? We're currently working on complete step-by-step install vids for all of the DIY-ers out there. That would likely show you what you're hoping to check out.
I mean record playing a song with the stock system then again once the new subwoofer has been added. It's not ideal but maybe shows the difference with it?

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
I mean record playing a song with the stock system then again once the new subwoofer has been added. It's not ideal but maybe shows the difference with it?
I don't think there's anyway for them to accurately record the bass for you to be able to feel it through your computer/phone speakers.

OP
Mike @ ImportShark
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Thread Starter #11
Hmm, well videos aren't really the best way to "show" how audio sounds, especially when the sounds is going to cranked up since that will likely distort when recorded anyway. I'll see what our audio fabricator says about it.