Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Help ! Kia Stinger Died In the Middle of the road.

AMDman18

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Golf GTI
Yeah this sounds like, uhh, very INTERESTING customer service...

Allan

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
My car just died on the freeway today and is currently being towed to the dealership. Wonder if it?s the same problem?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
My car just died on the freeway today and is currently being towed to the dealership. Wonder if it?s the same problem?
You have the 2.0L [MENTION=562]Allan[/MENTION]?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Nevermind. I looked and see that you've got a GT. LOL

They'll more than likely have answers for you very soon.

Allan

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Well, finally got my car back after being towed to the dealer. It was the fuel pump, replaced that and the A and B senders. They also did another recall, the ?fast static gear shift logic?. Everything is fine for now.

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
Well, finally got my car back after being towed to the dealer. It was the fuel pump, replaced that and the A and B senders. They also did another recall, the ?fast static gear shift logic?. Everything is fine for now.

What year is your Stinger?

Allan

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
2018 Stinger GT

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
E46, ZE132, C6Z06, Z34, GSX30, CKGT
Two senders, interesting.

Does it have two fuel tanks like Corvettes and Zs?

Dan

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Acura TLX
I hope this is an isolated incident, kinda scary if you get stranded in the middle of nowhere.

Allan

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Not that I am aware of, does that mean two filler nozzles and an interior switch?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Hahahaha

It's got two pumps. One on the tank (25+/- psi) and one in the engine bay (3,000+/- psi).

Having a blowout or hitting a deer is 100 times more likely if you're in the middle of no where. LOL

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
E46, ZE132, C6Z06, Z34, GSX30, CKGT
Corvette starting in C5 and Z starting in Z33 have two fuel tanks, saddle-like style, due to their chassis construction. They have two senders, but one pump. Fuel transfers between the two tanks automatically without a pump. It also prevents fuel starvation at low level. I didn't think the CK would have/need such a contraption due to its chassis. Wonder why two senders were needed.

Ringer

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 AWD Stinger
Hello, I am back again. Driving to work this morning and I stopped behind a school bus. My 2018 Stinger shook and stopped and would not restart! I know it wasn't fuel because I just filled it up the night before. I was able to get her started enough while sputtering and choking to get her off the road. After about 10 minutes of trying to restart it I just her I let her sit for a few more minutes. Then she started right up. I immediately took her home and called Kia. I'm waiting for one of their wonderful technicians to call me back so I can bring her in.
No idea what the problem was but I did smell a lot of exhaust. Pretty much all of the lights were lit on the dashboard including the engine light.
I will post an update.

928z06

Reactions
City
Milwaukee
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 GT2 AWD
Looking forward to your update...

Ringer

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 AWD Stinger
So they've had my car since Thursday and they haven't even touched it yet!! Since the car has left me stranded on multiple occasions and the service department is less than stellar, I think I need to sell my baby.