Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Getting a used 2019 gt model. Was pre-modded

hbsl95

Reactions
City
Brampton
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2019 GT
Hi everyone

Been browsing this forum as a non-member for 2 years.. and finally getting my car this week in sep 2023. It’s a 2019 GT model in black. The car is overall clean and I got a good deal as well, but I’m concerned about a few things. Firstly it was definitely modded, I can tell by the jb4 logo on the side and curb rashes on all 4 wheels (previous owner was having too much fun I guess) and also I heard a very loud whooshing noise while accelerating during test drive. My thought was it might be a turbo spool or the aftermarket intakes. So my question is what other mods do you think I need to look for and what reliability issues I might face in the long run because of the the mods. Honestly I’m not against mods, I probably would have done the intakes myself as my first mod. But I am just curious about other mods that might be present and can affect my extended warranty.
Thanks for reading. Looking forward to be a part of this family.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome aboard, one of the more important mods is a Oil Catch Can on the PCV side of the motor. That will keep your manifold & the top of your valves from getting gummed up with oil. here's a photo of what I'm talking about.

Attachments