Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Getting her lowered but got questions..

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
So I'm about to drop her off to get the eibach slapped on in a couple of days. The install include an alignment but I was want to swap the stock wheels back on so the new wheel doesnt get scratched. My question is with me doing that will the wheel alignment be the same when I swap the new wheels back on? Or should I just have them do the alignment with the new wheels and hope they dont scratch it?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
what are the specs of the new wheels?

OP
M
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #3
20x9 front and 20x10 rear

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
So I'm about to drop her off to get the eibach slapped on in a couple of days. The install include an alignment but I was want to swap the stock wheels back on so the new wheel doesnt get scratched. My question is with me doing that will the wheel alignment be the same when I swap the new wheels back on? Or should I just have them do the alignment with the new wheels and hope they dont scratch it?
You can leave the old ones on for the alignment.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
I recommend you have your new wheels installed. Your new wheels are not only wider but also bigger in diameter.

Any competent shop should be able to align your car without damaging your wheels.

OP
M
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #6
I recommend you have your new wheels installed. Your new wheels are not only wider but also bigger in diameter.

Any competent shop should be able to align your car without damaging your wheels.
This is the only shop that I've found that is willing to install springs for a reasonable price. Every other shop that I've gone to scratch every wheel I have. I've tried them all. I mean how hard is it to carefully mount wheels on a car??lol

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
This is the only shop that I've found that is willing to install springs for a reasonable price. Every other shop that I've gone to scratch every wheel I have. I've tried them all. I mean how hard is it to carefully mount wheels on a car??lol
You should call the shop and ask, tell them that you're worried about getting your new wheels scratch.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Typically wheel and tire diameter and width will have NO effect on your suspension alignment.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
on his case it does, as he is lowering his car.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
on his case it does, as he is lowering his car.
I thought the question was if he can use his old wheels instead of the new wheels for the suspension alignment after installing new springs. Toe, camber, and caster adjustments from the alignment isn't affected by wheel width or diameter (wheel size) so technically he can use his old wheels. I just wanted to put the information out there not trying to be argumentative.[shakehands]

OP
M
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #11
I thought the question was if he can use his old wheels instead of the new wheels for the suspension alignment after installing new springs. Toe, camber, and caster adjustments from the alignment isn't affected by wheel width or diameter (wheel size) so technically he can use his old wheels. I just wanted to put the information out there not trying to be argumentative.[shakehands]
Correct. Want to put the old wheels on during the alignment but I'm afraid it might throw off the alignment when I put the new wheels back on.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Correct. Want to put the old wheels on during the alignment but I'm afraid it might throw off the alignment when I put the new wheels back on.
How did the alignment go?