Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Ford may kill off the Fusion

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Not surprised they would consider killing off the car, I've never really liked the way the Ford Fusion looks.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
I like the Fusion and I did seriously consider buying one a few years ago but I always felt like it was 85% complete. I thought that for a little more money, maybe 3 or 4 grand more, Ford could install the awesome Focus AWD system, put a 9 speed auto in it, when available, put in an instrument cluster where the tachometer wasn't the size of a peanut and install a moon roof that wasn't the same size as the Fiestas moon roof. For the past 15 or so years, Ford has been notorious for throwing a sedan in the marketplace about 85% complete (Fusion, Taurus, 500, remember year of the car LMAO) and then wondering why no one is buying it except for rental and fleet companies. I think Ford actually knew they needed to improve the Fusion but they were afraid that if they did, it would steal sales away from the Lincoln MKZ. Ford was on a mission to bring Lincoln back from the dead and they didn't want to make an affordable version of the MKZ where the Fusion would steal sales from the MKZ. So... People who could afford the MKZ bought BMW, Audi and Mercedes instead and no one is buying the Fusion. The MKZ is nice and it does have the trick AWD system from the Focus but I think people figure, for a little more money, they might as well buy one of the big 3 Germans. With the Stinger and Arteon on the market in the US, NONE of the 3 domestics have anything (maybe Dodge with the Charger) that comes close to what the Stinger and Arteon offer. Arteon will have an R version with a lot more power but it may not be available in the USA because it may be too expensive and people would just buy an Audi, BMW or Mercedes instead. That means the power to features to value award goes to the Stinger here in the USA. KIA has created an all new niche of vehicle in the US and that's awesome! But what's pissing people off in the US is a lack of some of the features that are available to the REST OF THE PLANET and a lack of interior/exterior color choices. Believe it or not, the Stinger is the last hope for affordable, nice, sporty, mid sized sedans in the US. But if KIA doesn't get the marketing, features and options right, then people are just going to buy an suv instead and KIA would have missed a golden opportunity. Sorry for rambling :) LOL

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
I like the Fusion and I did seriously consider buying one a few years ago but I always felt like it was 85% complete. I thought that for a little more money, maybe 3 or 4 grand more, Ford could install the awesome Focus AWD system, put a 9 speed auto in it, when available, put in an instrument cluster where the tachometer wasn't the size of a peanut and install a moon roof that wasn't the same size as the Fiestas moon roof. For the past 15 or so years, Ford has been notorious for throwing a sedan in the marketplace about 85% complete (Fusion, Taurus, 500, remember year of the car LMAO) and then wondering why no one is buying it except for rental and fleet companies. I think Ford actually knew they needed to improve the Fusion but they were afraid that if they did, it would steal sales away from the Lincoln MKZ. Ford was on a mission to bring Lincoln back from the dead and they didn't want to make an affordable version of the MKZ where the Fusion would steal sales from the MKZ. So... People who could afford the MKZ bought BMW, Audi and Mercedes instead and no one is buying the Fusion. The MKZ is nice and it does have the trick AWD system from the Focus but I think people figure, for a little more money, they might as well buy one of the big 3 Germans. With the Stinger and Arteon on the market in the US, NONE of the 3 domestics have anything (maybe Dodge with the Charger) that comes close to what the Stinger and Arteon offer. Arteon will have an R version with a lot more power but it may not be available in the USA because it may be too expensive and people would just buy an Audi, BMW or Mercedes instead. That means the power to features to value award goes to the Stinger here in the USA. KIA has created an all new niche of vehicle in the US and that's awesome! But what's pissing people off in the US is a lack of some of the features that are available to the REST OF THE PLANET and a lack of interior/exterior color choices. Believe it or not, the Stinger is the last hope for affordable, nice, sporty, mid sized sedans in the US. But if KIA doesn't get the marketing, features and options right, then people are just going to buy an suv instead and KIA would have missed a golden opportunity. Sorry for rambling :) LOL
Agree... more color (interior/exterior) and other options KIA....

Spend your marketing money on this....

..and you will come out winning...

(E.g....im totally digging the ceramic grey /ghost grey color but on Canada Kia is not offering it with red nappa interior... oh why!)

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
The new Fusion Sport with AWD is a nice performance car, just looks too boring.

jamesc

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
The new Fusion Sport with AWD is a nice performance car, just looks too boring.
I haven't driven one off the lot, but my impression driving around the lot was that the car was meh. The seats were not particularly supportive or sporty and the dash was really rental car. That said, you can drive one of the lot for well under 30k with rebates spend about $1200 more and have an awesome tune, springs, and sway bars. It would be a killer, sub $30k car.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

OP
VegasStinger

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Thread Starter #7
Livernois Motorsports was able to tune it to 339whp and 395wtq.
[video=youtube;Um-fY_xZSys]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um-fY_xZSys[/video]

[video=youtube;p-VPoazq--U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-VPoazq--U[/video]

jamesc

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
Livernois Motorsports was able to tune it to 339whp and 395wtq.
[video=youtube;Um-fY_xZSys]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um-fY_xZSys[/video]

[video=youtube;p-VPoazq--U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-VPoazq--U[/video]
That's the tune i was thinking of. Helps that they're only 35 miles from me.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk