Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Drivers side seat track needs replacing

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
18 Stinger GT2 RWD White
I don't have all the details yet... I felt a rocking motion in the driver's seat. I conducted a scientific experiment and determined that a bolt might be loose. Turns out the driver's side seat track needed to be be replaced. I'll let everyone know what the real issue was as soon as I go get my car. Stand by.....

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Thanks for the tip, subscribing for updates.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
Standing by...

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
I don't have all the details yet... I felt a rocking motion in the driver's seat. I conducted a scientific experiment and determined that a bolt might be loose. Turns out the driver's side seat track needed to be be replaced. I'll let everyone know what the real issue was as soon as I go get my car. Stand by.....
subbed

OP
Armoured
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
18 Stinger GT2 RWD White
Thread Starter #5
Picked her up and the service writer said it was broken. I did ask what was broken, but she didn't have the details. They ordered a new one under warranty and I have to go back in a few days. Once I get to see the old one I'll take a pic and let everyone know what is broken and if it's an issue to look out for.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Check the repair statement what you pick it up. Wonder if it's a mount or the seat that's actually broken.

OP
Armoured
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
18 Stinger GT2 RWD White
Thread Starter #7
It is the track. A new one was ordered and will be here August 3rd. (So I'm told) As soon as I can get it in after that I will. It's a little annoying to feel it rock back every time I accelerate.

wellis173

Reactions
City
Port Barre
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
22 Stinger GT2
It is the track. A new one was ordered and will be here August 3rd. (So I'm told) As soon as I can get it in after that I will. It's a little annoying to feel it rock back every time I accelerate.
Did you get your seat issue resolved? I am having the same problem with my Stinger.

OP
Armoured
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
18 Stinger GT2 RWD White
Thread Starter #9
Did you get your seat issue resolved? I am having the same problem with my Stinger.
I did get it fixed. I'm not sure of the terminology but the track was bent where the roller sits. The torque (I'm guessing) causes the seat to rock back with me in it and it just bends. Unfortunately this has happened TWICE, because I'm not some petite flower. When, not if this happens again, I think I'm going to fix it myself with some bracing and a welder to see if I can reinforce the top rail to stop this permanently! Hope this helps.

OP
Armoured
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
18 Stinger GT2 RWD White
Thread Starter #10
Check the repair statement what you pick it up. Wonder if it's a mount or the seat that's actually broken.
Sorry for such a late reply. It is the track and not a mount. I'm assuming it's where the rollers are gliding on the upper and lower track. It just bends at that specific point. I could actually feel where the damaged area was while moving the seat forward and back. The service writer said the same thing, he could feel the "grinding" while holding the button as it passed through that area. I should have taken pics of the damaged track but they never showed it to me. When it happens again I'll get some pics.

wellis173

Reactions
City
Port Barre
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
22 Stinger GT2
Sorry for such a late reply. It is the track and not a mount. I'm assuming it's where the rollers are gliding on the upper and lower track. It just bends at that specific point. I could actually feel where the damaged area was while moving the seat forward and back. The service writer said the same thing, he could feel the "grinding" while holding the button as it passed through that area. I should have taken pics of the damaged track but they never showed it to me. When it happens again I'll get some pics.
Thank you for the update. I know what you mean as I am not a small gentleman myself, so I have not doubt my weight and the torque the car produces is the reason behind it. Again, much appreciated and I will see what the dealer says. Was this covered under the warranty or was it an out of pocket repair at the dealer?

OP
Armoured
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
18 Stinger GT2 RWD White
Thread Starter #12
Thank you for the update. I know what you mean as I am not a small gentleman myself, so I have not doubt my weight and the torque the car produces is the reason behind it. Again, much appreciated and I will see what the dealer says. Was this covered under the warranty or was it an out of pocket repair at the dealer?
Both times it was covered under warranty! Will it continue to be covered because it's a known issue at least in my car and now some others? I sure hope so cause I do intend to keep this one for many more years!