Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Driver door opened while driving

mike1288

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD Hi Chroma Red
I was taking a hard 90 degree right turn last night during some spirited driving when my driver side door popped open and the usual door alarm went off. Luckily I was able to grab it quickly and close it without issue. I'm tall but pretty slim so while I probably had some weight against the door I don't think it was too much.
Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
I've actually experienced similar, but it was a rear passenger door. There was no weight on it and no indication that a door was ajar; I took a right turn and it flew open and the panicky warning beep sounded (nearly giving me a small heart attack). It hasn't happened since and to this day I have no idea how it opened by itself.

Yours sounds scarier though. Good thing you were belted and able to grab and shut it.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
have not experience this, really scary stuff

NickMcGhie

Reactions
City
Montego Bay
State
Non-US
Country
Jamaica
What I Drive
Kia Seltos 2024
I drive a 2024 Kia Seltos and I occasionally experience the driver door pop open while driving. Note it doesn't swing open because the latch is still engaged with the metal loop on the frame but the door alarm goes off and the door feels loose. I also notice that this door is harder to close than all other doors.

My dealer is getting a replacement latch assemble to see if that will fix the issue.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1