Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Check Electronic Suspension !

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
Anyone had the pleasure of this error / defect.

Today while commuting to work, in ECO mode at about 80kph, this just appeared - and the suspension went FULL STIFF.

I'm not talking about sport mode stiff, I'm talking about all 4 corners being like track mode super stiff, almost no motion over bumps. Much much stiffer than sport mode.

Aside from it being a defect, it felt like hardcore track mode, but not suitable for the streets I drive on typically.

Car is at the dealer now, I am in a loaner soul sucking Kia soul.

Will post updates when I get them, but this sucks to have have issues like this with only 2000kms

Car is a 2018 Stinger GT Limited (Canada)

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
I've heard of this issue from another Canadian member [MENTION=148]Steve O[/MENTION] he had the same happen to him, I believe he received a firmware update and it solved he issue.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Rob is this just on the 2018 or is it on the 2019 too?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
So far I've seen it reported for the 2018's only

Yan

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
Check electronic suspension warning

Since yesterday, 1 minute after starting the engine a warning concerning the electronic suspension pops (see picture). 20190404_091322.jpg

The bonus is that the Sport mode doesn't work anymore. To have the throttle response and the transmission work as in the sport mode I need to select the Custom mode. Do not know if the suspension is affected as there is no obvious difference between the suspension modes (as you all know...).
I read somewhere that the first diagnostic obtained would be a low-voltage signal (???), but finally the problem would be the electronic control module.
Does anybody experienced the same situation? Is it frequent? What needs to be done?
I scheduled an appointment at my dealer, but I would like to be prepared and do not stay 2 days there while they discover the obvious. They do not have a lot of experience with the Stingers...
Cheers!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Saab 9-5 AERO. Stinger GT on order
Anyone had the pleasure of this error / defect.

Today while commuting to work, in ECO mode at about 80kph, this just appeared - and the suspension went FULL STIFF.

I'm not talking about sport mode stiff, I'm talking about all 4 corners being like track mode super stiff, almost no motion over bumps. Much much stiffer than sport mode.

Aside from it being a defect, it felt like hardcore track mode, but not suitable for the streets I drive on typically.

Car is at the dealer now, I am in a loaner soul sucking Kia soul.

Will post updates when I get them, but this sucks to have have issues like this with only 2000kms

Car is a 2018 Stinger GT Limited (Canada)

Hi Djltoronto.

I switch to that 'Super Sport' mode whenever I want. I saved $4000 on coil over adjustables with a switch. I wired it in series with one of the strut solenoids and VOILA! Open the circuit and the car goes full stiff. Close the circuit and the car recognizes the circuit is closed after a few minutes and you're back into adaptable settings. Sometimes if you leave it in open circuit for too long the warning lights come on and the car is full stiff until the next restart.

I recommend it highly. The car is a spectacular performer in 'Super Sport' mode.

I'm in the Big Smoke and I use it daily as I exit the Gardiner Eastbound onto Lakeshore at the humber river. I just dusted an Audi becasue stock suspension can't handle that stretch of offramp. But my Booster can!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Check out the pics: IMAG0435-20190101-225044760.jpg IMAG0434-20190101-225045415.jpg

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Since yesterday, 1 minute after starting the engine a warning concerning the electronic suspension pops (see picture). View attachment 2234

The bonus is that the Sport mode doesn't work anymore. To have the throttle response and the transmission work as in the sport mode I need to select the Custom mode. Do not know if the suspension is affected as there is no obvious difference between the suspension modes (as you all know...).
I read somewhere that the first diagnostic obtained would be a low-voltage signal (???), but finally the problem would be the electronic control module.
Does anybody experienced the same situation? Is it frequent? What needs to be done?
I scheduled an appointment at my dealer, but I would like to be prepared and do not stay 2 days there while they discover the obvious. They do not have a lot of experience with the Stingers...
Cheers!
Wow!....another one. One thing I am noticing here is the outside temperature at which these faults happened. [idea]

OP
Djltoronto
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
Thread Starter #9
Bro....that's amazing...

Flip the switch and you have good mode enabled ...

Out of curiosity, which shock did you tap into to add the switch?

I would absolutely love the switch, but I can't stand being fully stuck in this god mode without the ability to get back to sport or comfort. (I do commute sometimes)

Thanks for sharing.

Yan

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
Ok guys. This is thread about the suspension problem not about the supersport setting. Thanks and enjoy your mod.

OP
Djltoronto
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
Thread Starter #11
Since yesterday, 1 minute after starting the engine a warning concerning the electronic suspension pops (see picture). View attachment 2234

Cheers!
Are you.ssying your suspension is behaving normally? Is it riding like comfort mode while the error is present on your dash?

Yan

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
Are you.ssying your suspension is behaving normally? Is it riding like comfort mode while the error is present on your dash?

The suspension is stuck in comfort mode. Sport mode is a comfort copy. In Custom mode with the throttle and the transmission checked as sport, the car behaves like sport. I haven't had the time to change the suspension in sport mode (within custom) and see if there is an override.

OP
Djltoronto
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
Thread Starter #13
The suspension is stuck in comfort mode. Sport mode is a comfort copy. In Custom mode with the throttle and the transmission checked as sport, the car behaves like sport. I haven't had the time to change the suspension in sport mode (within custom) and see if there is an override.
Mine ended up being the suspension control module..

I suspect your is the same.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Agree, I found other two cases with the same problem, in which a replacement of the suspension control module fixed it. Everything was covered under warranty.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Bro....that's amazing...

Flip the switch and you have good mode enabled ...

Out of curiosity, which shock did you tap into to add the switch?

I would absolutely love the switch, but I can't stand being fully stuck in this god mode without the ability to get back to sport or comfort. (I do commute sometimes)

Thanks for sharing.

I use it when I need it. Unless it stays in SuperSport mode for more than a couple minutes you can usually switch back and the computer will reset. If the fault lights go on the computer won't reset until the car is restarted. Therefore flip the switch for ramps, class b road corners taken at speed, railroad tracks. Then flip it back. I tapped into the front driver's side solenoid circuit but you can tap into any one solenoid and get the same effect.

Yan

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
Agree, I found other two cases with the same problem, in which a replacement of the suspension control module fixed it. Everything was covered under warranty.
Another user mentioned that changing the suspension control module didn't solve the issue. The warning came back. The tech concluded that the sensor of the rear suspension (two at front and one at rear) is the reason...I'll see with mine. I'm going Monday.

OP
Djltoronto
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
Thread Starter #17
Another user mentioned that changing the suspension control module didn't solve the issue. The warning came back. The tech concluded that the sensor of the rear suspension (two at front and one at rear) is the reason...I'll see with mine. I'm going Monday.
Interesting...

My Kia dealer told me they measured the resistance of the rear right shock - and was ok. So they changed the control module, and it is currently working normally.

Hope it stays this way. The loaner they gave me was a soul sucking Kia soul. I do not like leaving my car at the dealer.

Yan

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
Interesting...

My Kia dealer told me they measured the resistance of the rear right shock - and was ok. So they changed the control module, and it is currently working normally.

Hope it stays this way. The loaner they gave me was a soul sucking Kia soul. I do not like leaving my car at
the dealer.

Ok. Anyway we have only two options until now. The control module or the sensors. As you said: Hope it stays this way.
I understand you when you’re leaving the Stinger for a Soul.[bawling]

OP
Djltoronto
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
Thread Starter #19
Issue seems fully resolved for me.... So far..

Yan

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
Excellent. Thanks!