Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Bluetooth audio issue.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I recently lost sound to my bluetooth audio when someone calls me. I can hear sound from my phone but it's not coming from uvo. Is anyone having this issue? I haven't gotten the recall done for the fader could that be the problem?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Are you getting no sound from other inputs? satellite, FM, aux, etc.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Have you tried the old tried and true rebooting the phone?[^]

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
I recently lost sound to my bluetooth audio when someone calls me. I can hear sound from my phone but it's not coming from uvo. Is anyone having this issue? I haven't gotten the recall done for the fader could that be the problem?
So, I had a customer have the same issue. They had turned the volume down unintentionally.

The head unit remembers the previous volume of each different audio source independently.

I imagine that you tired simply turning the volume up once you've answered the phone or are playing music while in the car?

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
what phone do you have? I have a pixel XL and similar symptom. I've heard of other folks with this phone having Bluetooth phone audio issues ever since the newest OS update. My phone worked fine with the stinger and other vehicles...now bluetooth works in part by transmitting an incoming our outgoing call data to the screen, but the audio from the call is not heard by either end. This is a problem with the phone, not the car (at least in my case). I've confirmed this behavior in other cars as well as successfully using a different phone in the stinger. I've done a lot of troubleshooting and before I do a factory reset I'll see what the november patch brings as I've already reported the issue to googly. hope you fixed your issue

OP
M
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #6
Thanks for the reply everyone. To me it looks like the sound is not being transferred to the dash unit even when I get a call it tells me who's coming. Like I mention I can here the other people when I put the phone to my ear. I really dont want to factory reset my phone [V].

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Try pairing a family member or friends phone to the car to see if the audio works with a different phone.

If not, hit the dealership. If it does, hit the phone store. LOL

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
I've had multiple occasions when the phone audio was turned down to zero. Every time I answer the phone, I turn up the volume now, just in case.