Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Battery problems

Mop1

Reactions
City
BRIXHAM
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
I am experiencing ongoing battery problems with my Stinger GT.
It needs charging weekly and has let me down on several occasions. My Kia dealer has tested the battery and say it's fine but the AA have said it's faulty on 2 occasions.
Finding Dealer & customer service unhelpful & just need to find out what the problem is. The car was fine for first 4 or 5 months I owned it.
Has anyone had similar problems?
Car is due for safety recall tomorrow for HECU replacement.

Meteoro

Reactions
City
Toronto
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT Ltd.
Same issue here.
Dealer replace battery today.
Original batt. defective it would no hold charge.

Wilzer

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2005 Corvette
My original in 2018 was replaced by dealer service here in St Petersburg, Fl, it was showing some decline at service check up. That was 2021 and now getting ugh, ugh, ugh when starting and today almost didn't start. Took to dealer since in warranty but they said it had to be taken out, charged for 2 hours and tested, since it failed testing. As I understood it, battery didn't have enough voltage to test. Now, one might think that meant it was failing, but no. Have to bring back for service evaluation, that's if I can crank to bring back. :cautious:

Any recommendations for battery replacement, brand, type? if dealer service declares the battery to be good, I'll just replace it.