Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Random Dead Battery

Beazy1981

Reactions
City
Mandan
State
ND
Country
United States
What I Drive
2023 Stinger GT2
So 10 days after buying my 23 gt2 I wake up to dead battery, charged it and ran fine, parked it after driving for a bit and less than 4 hours it was dead again. Took it back to dealer who checked things and while it was there it never went dead. 3 days later I pick it up and less than 24 hours it was dead again. At this point I had Kia come pick it up. They kept it for a week, said they swapped batteries because they couldn’t find anything wrong with it. Car ran good for five months or so, in which time I hooked up my subs and amp that I’ve had in every car I’ve owned for the last 15 years, including my 20 gt1 that I had prior to this one. Everything was going great, never even had a hesitation starting until last week I went to go to Walmart less than 4 hours after driving last and car was dead as a door nail. Charged it, drove it, parked it and again in a short period of time it was dead. This car only has around 8700 miles. So back to the shop it goes, this time it isn’t holding a charge for them either. Note I took my subs and amp out so they wouldn’t have trouble getting to battery. After having for a week they come back and said it’s caused from wiring my Line out converter up and that they’re going to have to replace the entire harness from the right rear fender where the small fuse panel is because that’s where I t-tapped into the speaker wires and they want to charge me $5800 to do so. Let me just say, I am a professional audio installer, it’s my 9-5 daily job and also this thing was having issues way before ever putting in the stereo and ran great for months after putting it in. My thoughts are it’s something to do with the Kia connect app because it would tell me my car was running with doors locked when I knew it was sitting in front of me not running. Don’t know if it may just need an update or a bug fix or something but I’m going in Monday to call the service guy out on his bs easy way out of actually figuring out the issue. Any thoughts?

Rennokas

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Estonia
What I Drive
Kia Sportage 2011
It might be door lock related problem. My battery died and I replaced the it. 2 months later rear passenger door shows open, but it is closed. After a another week battery dead again. So i googled a bit and in Canada there has been a case with dead battery and cause was door lock sensor. Might not even show up faulty, just a short circuit or smth.

Rennokas

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Estonia
What I Drive
Kia Sportage 2011
It might be door lock related problem. My battery died and I replaced the it. 2 months later rear passenger door warning shows up. Shows open when it is actually closed. After another week battery dead again. So i googled a bit and in Canada there has been a case with dead battery and cause was door lock sensor/actuator. Might not even show up faulty, just a short circuit or smth.