Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Auto hold - neutral

MC1

Reactions
City
Toronto
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2022 Stinger
Hi, folks.

I recently had snow tires put on my 2022 Stinger GT. A few days later I took it to the car wash. I put the car in neutral and waited for the rollers to start to move the car but instead of moving forward, the car moved up! The rollers were moving forward, but I realized, eventually, that the wheels were locked by the brakes' being on auto hold. Even after I reversed and moved forward slightly, the problem was not solved. I finally managed to get the auto hold off and the car went through the wash fine.

Has anybody else experienced this? Isn't the auto hold supposed to disengage when you put the car into neutral?

Reactions
City
Dallas
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
My only issue has been that the parking assist and stop/start function turn on or off randomly so I have to intentionally toggle those when I start. It seems the drive by wire function has not been perfected and I'm bummed that the later model years' software still struggles with this. As a result, I have turned off as many nannies as I can because they can affect your driving experience in unexpected ways. Granted, they can be learned and adapted to but I don't like offloading too much driving responsibility to the computer.

But to answer your question, I have not experienced the exact issue you have mentioned, but I also have not taken my car to a drive through wash. I suppose I will try that in the next week and see if I have that issue. I will let you know if I have any problems.

OP
M

MC1

Reactions
City
Toronto
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2022 Stinger
Thread Starter #3
Thank you, Macgyver. My stop/start will also turn off and on intermittently sometimes, but I think that is dependent, to some degree, on the engine temperature and power drain. I could way off base, though.

Reactions
City
WEST JORDAN
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 Kia Stinger GT1
I have a '22 and have to turn off the auto hold for the car wash. Never noticed in my '19 optima if neutral canceled auto hold before...
I hate the stop/start and turn it off as soon as I get in the car.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
Thank you, Macgyver. My stop/start will also turn off and on intermittently sometimes, but I think that is dependent, to some degree, on the engine temperature and power drain. I could way off base, though.
Much more than just engine temperature.

1635961474228 (1).png