Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror

pah

Reactions
City
Sydney
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Kia Stinger 330S
Guys,

My Stinger is the first car that I've owned with an auto dimming rear view mirror. I'd say it's nowhere near as effective as the manually adjusted dimming mirror in my previous Falcon XR6 Turbo ... and all other cars with a manual rear view mirror. When I switch the mirror on and off, I can't see a difference. I was expecting to see a darker image and dimmer lights. What are the options? Back to the tinted stick-on cellophane?

I've finally got the Smart (HAHA) Cruise sorted. Hold the switch on the steering wheel for 3 secs and it switches off the "Smart" function. It seems to be the case that it's only possible to disable the Smart function after turning on the Cruise Control but before setting a speed. Why do I hate Smart Cruise? Because it imperceptibly slows the car to the speed of the guy in front who's 10kmh under the limit. I'd prefer to have the gap narrow as it alerts me to change lanes and keep up the desired pace.

PAH