Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Are wash brushes safe on the paint?

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Just got a car wash brush for my birthday, seeing that the paint is super delicate on the Stinger, wanted to get a second opinion before using the brush.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
I wouldn't use a brush to clean my car or any vehicle, as the brush fibers can be too hard on the clear coat.

A microfiber wash mitt is a better option.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
I wouldn't use the brush for cleaning myself. If it's soft enough, it might be good for removing snow off the car in the winter time but, as you said, the paint on these Stingers is really delicate and in many cases defective with paint peeling and flaking issues that KIA is currently looking into.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
If you can avoid touch entirely, do so. Pre-soak and a lot of these companies coming out with foam guns (don't know the word for them) are popular. PH balance of 0 is what you want for the soap so it doesn't leave spots and embeds in the paint. Use a leaf blower to dry it. Funny you think, but it works. Micro fiber for any detailer/wax/protective coating you want to apply. Have some fun with it!

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
16 Colorado Diesel
6FD0BC3C-7A85-426F-AF1A-6D6A08E3313B.jpg Wash brushes are a no no on paint if you want to keep out micro scratches. Seal the car out and as said wash with ph balanced washes and blow dry it. Re-top with a sealer and good to go!!!

Just did some paint correction yesterday.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
18 Stinger GT AWD
^^^^Agreed. After retiring I now work part time for a parts store and a lot of folks get the brushes, I try to catch them before they get out the door and ask how much they love their car / truck? Most times the brush goes back and the MF gets purchased. I dealt with delicate paint issues on some of my dodge / chrysler products. micro fiber and foam guns with blow dryer (leaf blower) is what I have seen alot of folks use. I plan on cheating and taking the Kia to friend who is a pro detailer.