Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Anyone else have their right foot get wet?

Reactions
City
Brick
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger 2.0L
So on hot days with the AC running for awhile when I take a corner I have cold water running onto my foot on the gas pedal. Thinking a condensation line is leaking/off somewhere.. Taking it in to the dealer on Monday but they are already saying it is probably a clogged line due to a cabin filter that is due for replacement and won't be covered under warranty...um what? Its a 19 2.0 with 16K on it. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
My first thought is, if you have another dealer within a 20-30 mile radius you should probably go there instead. This is the first I've read of water leaking in a Stinger so clearly it's not something common. If it were caused by a cabin filter I'm sure we would have seen complaints about this before.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
Lol

Clogged line... Ha ha..

The cabin air filter only filters the air that enters the cabin...

Nothing more.

Have them explain this "clogged line"

OP
BeachMetal
Reactions
City
Brick
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger 2.0L
Thread Starter #4
My first thought is, if you have another dealer within a 20-30 mile radius you should probably go there instead. This is the first I've read of water leaking in a Stinger so clearly it's not something common. If it were caused by a cabin filter I'm sure we would have seen complaints about this before.
Hmm...The next nearest dealer is that one where I got pissed off and walked out of the first time I test drove a Stinger. There is another one a bit south of me, may be worth a call.

OP
BeachMetal
Reactions
City
Brick
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger 2.0L
Thread Starter #5
Lol

Clogged line... Ha ha..

The cabin air filter only filters the air that enters the cabin...

Nothing more.

Have them explain this "clogged line"

Yeah...exactly..... its 2020...sigh

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
Yeah...exactly..... its 2020...sigh
Doesn't really matter the year..

A clogged cabin air filter does not cause water in the cabin... It would cause reduced air flow.

The reduced air flow "could" cause a frozen evaporator, but still should not cause water on your feet.

OP
BeachMetal
Reactions
City
Brick
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger 2.0L
Thread Starter #7
Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
Happens to me every time I get into the shower. Left foot too ...;)

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
Hmm...so i called another dealer and they told me the same thing, even said they were fixing the same problem on a Sorento as we were speaking....I'm still not sold on it and will be asking ALOT of questions and asking to see where the issue is. Some searching did turn up this so maybe.....
https://www.facebook.com/kiaintheph...dust-and-other-airborne-ma/10156746148466178/
Why don't you just replace your cabin air filter, or at least inspect it?

The cabin air filter is user serviceable and takes less than 1 minute to remove and replace.

Why not inspect yours?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
OP
BeachMetal
Reactions
City
Brick
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger 2.0L
Thread Starter #11
Why don't you just replace your cabin air filter, or at least inspect it?

The cabin air filter is user serviceable and takes less than 1 minute to remove and replace.

Why not inspect yours?

That's my plan for tomorrow.....

They indicated that they were replacing the filter and cleaning the tubes/ lines in the sorento...

We shall see....

OP
BeachMetal
Reactions
City
Brick
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger 2.0L
Thread Starter #12
Happens to me every time I get into the shower. Left foot too ...;)
Ha! I keep thinking that if I stop driving in flip flops that the problem will go away...😂

OP
BeachMetal
Reactions
City
Brick
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger 2.0L
Thread Starter #14
So they determined the drain tube was clogged. I did pull the cabin air filter myself and it was gross, still don't see exactly how it caused this. They wanted to charge me $40 to put in a new one, for a couple bucks more I ordered a K&N washable one. I checked the maintenance schedule and it says to basically replace these as often as you do oil changes. My only other car that had one never had issues like this and I think I replaced it twice..... At least no charge and we'll see how it goes with keeping the new filter clean. 20200727_175439.jpg

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
That sounds about right, cabin filters are disgusting. They showed mine at the 30k mile service and to quote Mr. Deeds, the hideousness of that thing will haunt my dreams forever. 🤢

OP
BeachMetal
Reactions
City
Brick
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger 2.0L
Thread Starter #16
That sounds about right, cabin filters are disgusting. They showed mine at the 30k mile service and to quote Mr. Deeds, the hideousness of that thing will haunt my dreams forever. 🤢
I only have 16k on it at the year mark!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
The cabin air filter did not cause the clogged drain tube.

I too have a K&N washable cabin air filter.
It's a pretty good investment in my opinion.