Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Another good review...

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Great reads. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
Agreed, awesome job with those links.

Thanks luv2drive!

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Agreed + 1. Great read

Dan

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Acura TLX
I would never buy an Alfa, too many quality issues

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
That was a great read.....(y)

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD
I love my GT2 AWD. I’m not going to waste my time with people who haven’t experienced this car or say “It’s a Kia” insinuating that it’s just basic transportation. I traded in a 1le Camaro and this car has more balanced performance and waaaay more practicality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
I love my GT2 AWD. I’m not going to waste my time with people who haven’t experienced this car or say “It’s a Kia” insinuating that it’s just basic transportation. I traded in a 1le Camaro and this car has more balanced performance and waaaay more practicality.
I also really appreciate my base GT AWD, and I'm not new to high perfomance cars/sedans ...

Had plenty of Mustang GT's, and the Stinger GT AWD is just as quick as my S550 and I can drive it in the Winter!

My Taurus SHO had the same 365 hp & AWD, but it was heavier and didn't look anywhere near as good (high 13's stock).

Same goes for my Fusion Sport AWD. I got a great deal on it, but the Stinger GT's styling/performance bump was worth the extra $$ (same high 13's).

And I've got to say I didn't really care much for the last sentence in the DRIVETRIBE article (lol):
"If buying a Kia is too much for you, just get some of those aftermarket badge covers and hide your guilty pleasure."

I hide nothing, and (unlike some people on other Stinger forums) I'm proud to tell people it's a KIA!

OP
luv2drive
Reactions
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT1
Thread Starter #9
I have had a a variety of performance cars. Nissan SE-R, Mustang GT, Infiniti G35 Coupe..Even a Chevy EuroSport...showing my age LOL.

My 2019 AWD GT1 is not only by far the best quality of the bunch, but the most enjoyable to drive. It is not the best at everything but rather very good at everything. AWD for the winter. Powerful straight line performance. Capable handling. Smooth ride for long distance driving. Lots of room for storage. I am 6 5 so I appreciate the interior room. Can take 4 adults. Best in class warranty. List goes on.

All that said, if you want to elevate the brand name of KIA then I suggest we continue to not hide who built our cars. The Stinger is the KIA “Halo” car and we should be proud of our purchase and make the name KIA a badge you strive to own.

Last edited:
Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
... if you want to elevate the brand name of KIA then I suggest we continue to not hide who built our cars. The Stinger is the KIA “Halo” car and we should be proud of our purchase and make the name KIA a badge you strive to own.
Great comment! That's why this forum rocks.

The other Stinger forum is maligning the very brand from whence they purchased their cars. A recipe for disaster if I ever saw one ...

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD
Maybe we can get a group petition going to send to the Hyundai Motor Group encouraging them to proceed forward on the evolution of the Stinger. I looked at a G70 today and if I had to choose between the two, I’d still go with the Stinger. Much more car at about the same price.

Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
... I looked at a G70 today and if I had to choose between the two, I’d still go with the Stinger. Much more car at about the same price.
Nothing against the G70, but totally agree.:)(y)

Reactions
City
Sydney
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
MY20 Stinger GT
Great comment! That's why this forum rocks.

The other Stinger forum is maligning the very brand from whence they purchased their cars. A recipe for disaster if I ever saw one ...
I can completely understand people badging their cars exactly how Kia does in Korea (they don't use the Kia logo at all, with the "E" badge on the front, and the large Stinger script on the back), and I can also understand people choosing alternatives such as the "Vintage-K" logo to replace the "KIA" logo (which is far from the most attractive logo). By the same token, I can also understand people leaving their badging exactly as it was when the car was delivered. It's a personal choice. :)

Reactions
City
Sydney
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
MY20 Stinger GT
Maybe we can get a group petition going to send to the Hyundai Motor Group encouraging them to proceed forward on the evolution of the Stinger. I looked at a G70 today and if I had to choose between the two, I’d still go with the Stinger. Much more car at about the same price.

In Australia, the G70 attracts a $10k+ premium in price...

Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
I can completely understand people badging their cars exactly how Kia does in Korea (they don't use the Kia logo at all, with the "E" badge on the front, and the large Stinger script on the back), and I can also understand people choosing alternatives such as the "Vintage-K" logo to replace the "KIA" logo (which is far from the most attractive logo). By the same token, I can also understand people leaving their badging exactly as it was when the car was delivered. It's a personal choice. :)
But they're not IN Korea, so the point is lost.:( And just because a choice is "personal" does not quantify it as logical, good, or positive.

Sorry, but I don't buy it ...

In Australia, the G70 attracts a $10k+ premium in price...
In the US, the G70 3.3T is $5k more than the Stinger GT. Plus, the Stinger's styling is much more unique.

Reactions
City
Sydney
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
MY20 Stinger GT
But they're not IN Korea, so the point is lost.:( And just because a choice is "personal" does not quantify it as logical, good, or positive.

Sorry, but I don't buy it ...
Kia owners are hardly unique in this. Goodness only knows how many Commodores I saw over the years with Chevy badges on them.

And plenty of Japanese car owners change badging to reflect the JDM models of their cars.

It's also very common for people to "up-badge" cars - making their cars look like they're a better/more expensive model.

The Stinger owners pay their money to Kia for their cars. There's no obligation on them to maintain the badging once money has changed hands.

It's absolutely a personal choice - either way. :)

In the US, the G70 3.3T is $5k more than the Stinger GT. Plus, the Stinger's styling is much more unique.
I'm not disagreeing with you, I find the Stinger a much better car than the G70, for a variety of reasons.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Rebadging the stinger is personal choice, people do it to be different because it's a conversational piece. I've seen Chevy cars at the pavilions car show with Holden badging all the time...

Reactions
City
Port Hueneme
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1RWD, Pontiac G8
Proud to park my Stinger GT! with real KIA markings in my driveway and tell all the curious about what it is.I live in a complex with a lot of BMW'S, Mercedes and other upscale cars. Let's promote the brand and show people what it means to be a KIA owner of a fine, fun to drive car. I traded my 2008 Pontiac G8GT six liter V8 in on my Stinger and I can say I am not sorry in any way. Both cars are and were great and I am glad I own the Stinger and owned my G8GT. None of us need to make excuses for a Stinger being made by KIA!!!

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Well said @cmorgan429, this is my fourth Kia. I love to see people's reaction when I tell them what it is an their response, A KIA, THAT'S A KIA, makes me laugh everytime I hear it.

Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
Kia owners are hardly unique in this ... It's absolutely a personal choice - either way.
That sounds like the "Mommy, but Jimmy did it so why can't I?" defense. lol

Honestly, I couldn't care less if other people do it. Not all "personal choices" are good one's, as this one clearly isn't.

Proud to park my Stinger GT! with real KIA markings in my driveway and tell all the curious about what it is ... None of us need to make excuses for a Stinger being made by KIA!!!
RIGHT ON BROTHER!

Enjoy your KIA Stinger. :cool:

... I love to see people's reaction when I tell them what it is ...
No need to tell them anything, just point them to the KIA badge. Pretty simple ...