Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Aftermarket TPMS sensors

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
I am buying a new set of rims so I can have 2 full sets of tires (one for summer one for winter) and I’m wondering if anyone has bought aftermarket TPMS sensors? Is there compatibility issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Yes they are compatible I have a set for my winter wheels.

OP
ceramicGT2AWD
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Thread Starter #3
Where did you get yours from? Just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Discount Tires has them and they can program it for you too. I had mine replaced because they were giving faulty tire warnings.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
Discount Tires has them and they can program it for you too. I had mine replaced because they were giving faulty tire warnings.
There is no programming required for the Stinger.

The wheel sensors auto turn on with motion and the car detects them if they are the correct sensors.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Anyone here had any trouble with the TPMS reading much lower than what is actually in the tires? Mine used to be spot on, but the last month it’s been around 4-6 psi lower.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
Anyone here had any trouble with the TPMS reading much lower than what is actually in the tires? Mine used to be spot on, but the last month it’s been around 4-6 psi lower.
I assume you are saying your TPMS sensors are now reading 4-6 psi lower than a known good gauge.

It is very curious that all 4 sensors would be reading different than a know good gauge.

Are you sure the gauge you are comparing with isn't reading reading 4 - 6 psi higher?

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I assume you are saying your TPMS sensors are now reading 4-6 psi lower than a known good gauge.

It is very curious that all 4 sensors would be reading different than a know good gauge.

Are you sure the gauge you are comparing with isn't reading reading 4 - 6 psi higher?

That’s what I’ve yet to find out. I was going to drop by America’s tire the other day but they had a line of 5 cars just for a pressure check.