Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Added wire and dial knob?

StingerKK

Reactions
City
Verona
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
I recently purchased a 2018 Stinger and just noticed an added knob and long wire was added to the car. I could track the wire going from the drivers side over to the passenger side but lose sight once it reaches by the door. Does anyone have any idea what this is or why it was added? The knob on the outside can spin, like a dimmer or something.

Attachments

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome @StingerKK I'm not a 100% on what it is but it mite be a brake snip. If you know a mechanic take it to him to see if he can figure it out..

Reactions
City
Brick
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger 2.0L
I ran this past my husband who does custom electronics installs on boats and the occasional car. He said it's a dimmer switch that is usually used with custom lights and occasionally as a volume control. If you don't see any extra lights they may have removed them but had to leave the switch.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Amplifier control?