Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

2018 Kia Stinger GT2

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
My 2018 Kia Stinger GT2, red, is scheduled for delivery on 12/21/2017! Thank you Santa!

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Perfect Christmas present and welcome.

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Congrats great have aboard.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Rio
Welcome to the forum.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Welcome[cheers]

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
I'm glad you have a date, good choice on your car. Welcome and congrats!

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2 (CERSIL/RWD)
My 2018 Kia Stinger GT2, red, is scheduled for delivery on 12/21/2017! Thank you Santa!
How did you actually get a date??? I have been corresponding with two different dealers here in NC and neither can even tell me when their first units will arrive. [mecry]

OP
HockeyGuy in STL
Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #8
I believe deliveries began in Canada, followed by the west coast. Guessing deliveries will continue from west to east but I have no way of knowing for sure (just from what I have read online). So, basically, St Louis is closer to South Korea! cool

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
I believe deliveries began in Canada, followed by the west coast. Guessing deliveries will continue from west to east but I have no way of knowing for sure (just from what I have read online). So, basically, St Louis is closer to South Korea! cool
Your logic does make sense but not to Kia lol. Some Florida dealers are starting to get theirs already.

OP
HockeyGuy in STL
Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #10
You are correct. I heard about that, too. thx

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Rio
Welcome.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Audi A4
Congrats! I drove a (beautiful) red RWD GT2 yesterday for almost an hour on several different types of roads and loved it! I have a red AWD GT2 on order with a light grey interior, but it looks like only a black interior is being made (despite what the KIA media site and dealer say), so I'm sorry to say I won't be getting one.

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Congrats! I drove a (beautiful) red RWD GT2 yesterday for almost an hour on several different types of roads and loved it! I have a red AWD GT2 on order with a light grey interior, but it looks like only a black interior is being made (despite what the KIA media site and dealer say), so I'm sorry to say I won't be getting one.
That?s really too bad, did the dealer provided any reasoning behinds Kia?s decision to limit the color options?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Audi A4
That?s really too bad, did the dealer provided any reasoning behinds Kia?s decision to limit the color options?
The dealer is still claiming that the interior color options are available, but I spoke with a KIA executive who said this is not correct. The dealer also said the 360 camera system will be on the GT2 models, but the KIA executive also said this and Qi charging are not available on U.S. cars.

As for the reasoning why KIA decided to do this, the executive really didn't have an answer other than for saying KIA evaluates each market when making these decisions. To me, these decisions make no sense at all, will only reduce KIA's sales in the U.S., and will only disappoint and upset the customers they are trying to attract. And to make matters even worse, KIA's continues to promote these and other features on the Stinger which apparently are not on the car.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
It's really sad that Kia cant seem to understand the importance of options and I'm also extremely upset to constantly find out more features are being cut.

OP
HockeyGuy in STL
Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #16
Thanks, KiaGal! You should get the blue Stinger! :)

OP
HockeyGuy in STL
Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #17
Actually, the red interior is my favorite but unavailable in the US.

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Actually, red interior is available on the GT2; there's a black/red AWD GT2 on autotrader right now. If it wasn't 1600 miles away I'd snap it up myself:

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Audi A4
Some pre-production Stingers on display had the red interior, though KIA is saying production cars can't be ordered this way. Terrible marketing... .

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Some pre-production Stingers on display had the red interior, though KIA is saying production cars can't be ordered this way. Terrible marketing... .
Apparently they made last minute changes; there are multiple production GT2s for sale that have red interior. I've seen black ones on autotrader and cars.com, and my dealer has a ceramic silver with red interior en route (already sold, unfortunately).

Rule of thumb, don't trust Kia until you see it with your own eyes..lol