Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

'19 Ceramic Silver on red GT2 AWD

dks209

Reactions
City
Spanish Fork
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
'19 Stinger GT2 AWD
Hello from Spanish Fork Utah. Just grabbed this beauty yesterday. This is my first performance car so I've got a lot to learn but I'm looking to start some basic modding soon. Upgraded from an '01 Taurus lol. I'll start with some cosmetics (tint reflectors, add a front lip, rear defuser, skirts, maybe some new wheels, etc) then roll into some new intakes and exhaust. I don't know that I'll feel the need for a JB4 or other such performance boosts for a while, but who knows, maybe I'll get the itch sooner than I think! I'm just happy to have her! I have seen a few posts suggesting I start with a new oil catch can so I'll probably look into that. Any helpful tips or advice of any kind is welcome and appreciated, thanks!

Attachments

Last edited:

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Congratulations and welcome! If this is your first performance car, then just take it easy for now. Enjoy it. Get to know the car. How it reacts in different situations. Then slowly add suspension mods and then work towards more power.
Upgrading from an ‘01 Taurus is a massive step. My parents had an ‘02 Taurus SES. This car is leaps and bounds ahead of even that one.
Good luck and stay safe.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
welcome aboard & congratulations, just read through this thread on the forum about mods. There's a mod that you should do right away, it's not a power mods but it is an Oil Catch Can, read about them. the car needs one...

Reactions
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Premium
Congrats

OP
dks209

dks209

Reactions
City
Spanish Fork
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
'19 Stinger GT2 AWD
Thread Starter #5
Thanks @spider55, I've read so many posts about getting the Oil Catch Can that it almost seems like a requirement at this point. I'll be sure to pick one up!

Pooske

Reactions
City
Augusta
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
Congrats