Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Windshield cracked - easy fix or major repair?

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2
I had a rock or something fly up and hit my windshield while driving yesterday and while I heard it, I didnt see any cracks. Today while washing the car I noticed a crack in the windshield behind the rearview mirror (about a 3 inch long crack). Is this a simple fix where the dealer will replace the windshield or does all of the tech, like auto cruise, self dimming lights, radar, etc. make this a major repair? Im sure it's covered under my car insurance but I'm wondering how big of a repair this will be and if having this fixed might introduce other issues with the tech stuff? It's a 2019 GT2. Thanks.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Replacing the windshield does require recalibration of certain sensors on the windshield. I’d trust the dealer to do it over something like safelite

Reactions
City
Lakewood ranch
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT1 RWD.
Hi Knotslip, just had a very small chip repair on my gt1. Called Safelight and repaired it in my garage. Are you aware that you do not pay for repairs or replacement in most cases. With the insurance I'm sure you carry would cover the cost.
Not long ago some windshield repair services i was told would give you a couple of steaks. I was told this by an insurance adjuster.
Since living in FL.i had one windshield replaced and two chip repairs at no cost. I blame it interstate 75
Stevogt1