Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Window issues

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
I got in my car to drive home from work and decided to roll down all the windows and to my surprise the rear left window didn’t budge. I later checked the fuse and it was fine. Next day I started the car and the window went down but it sounded like the motor was cooked. Anyone else run into issues with windows?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
The window is probably just sticking to the rubber seal if hasn't rolled it down in awhile. You can add a little silicon lube and it should fix the problem.

OP
ceramicGT2AWD
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Thread Starter #3
I sadly don’t think this is the case, because the window will roll down at the same speed as the other windows, and the window will decide to work randomly

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
It could be a faulty switch. My passenger window would sometimes not roll down. Dealer ended up replacing the window switch on the driver door. Best way to test it if it happens again is try rolling down the window from the switch where the window is located at. If it works then you know it's probably the driver door switch that is bad.

OP
ceramicGT2AWD
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Thread Starter #5
It could be a faulty switch. My passenger window would sometimes not roll down. Dealer ended up replacing the window switch on the driver door. Best way to test it if it happens again is try rolling down the window from the switch where the window is located at. If it works then you know it's probably the driver door switch that is bad.
I will test and see if that’s the issue

OP
ceramicGT2AWD
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Thread Starter #6
I will test and see if that’s the issue

Unfortunately it is not that issue, if I use the driver switch I can hear the click. The window will also not work from the switch at the window.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
Unfortunately it is not that issue, if I use the driver switch I can hear the click. The window will also not work from the switch at the window.

Then it's probably a bad motor. Take a video and show your dealer.

OP
ceramicGT2AWD
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Thread Starter #8
Will update with the issue when I take it in to the dealer

jononeil

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
I got in my car to drive home from work and decided to roll down all the windows and to my surprise the rear left window didn’t budge. I later checked the fuse and it was fine. Next day I started the car and the window went down but it sounded like the motor was cooked. Anyone else run into issues with windows?

Normally if it's a blown fuse then it'll affect all the windows and not just one. Could be just a bad motor.

OP
ceramicGT2AWD
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Thread Starter #10
Normally if it's a blown fuse then it'll affect all the windows and not just one. Could be just a bad motor.
If it was a fuse you also wouldn’t hear the click from the switch so that’s why I think it’s the motor

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Its more then likely the motor, if it was a blown fuse none of the windows would work... Possibly could be a loose wire not getting a good connection.

Sheed2k

Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger
Hello all, I’ve the same issue with my rear driver side window stop operating. I just returned from the dealership and having them look at it. The issue was the window motor connector was not securely tightened. Once connected the window began to operate as normal. I hope this helps!

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome @Sheed2k another Arizonian, nice to have you here..(y)

Sheed2k

Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger
Thank you @spider55! Glad to see fellow Arizonians and Stinger owners helping each other out!