Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Which drive mode do you prefer the most?

Which Drive Mode do you prefer the most?

• Smart

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • ECO

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Comfort

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Sport

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • Custom

Votes: 16 21.3%

• Total voters
Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
I flip from Comfort to Sport I really haven't had the car long enough to see what smart will do. Eco? really LOL why it is a performance sedan...

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
Well, I can see using Eco mode on long highway trips on the divided lane highways in my part of the world. You can always twist the dial if you need to blow a Prius off the road. [driving]

Reactions
State
DC
Country
United States
Well, I can see using Eco mode on long highway trips on the divided lane highways in my part of the world. You can always twist the dial if you need to blow a Prius off the road. [driving]
If you need Sport mode to pass a Prius, you're doing it wrong.[burnout]

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
I prefer Smart mode and here's why:

It offers a smooth ride regardless of how you're driving. While in my neighborhood I can drive slowly without the car wanting to jerk and I can hit highway speeds without the car feeling it needs more juice.

Things I've noticed about Sport mode:

Depending on how you're driving you can see it is actually putting your car into Eco, Comfort and Sport modes on its own. Drive sensible and you'll be in Eco...drive like a mad man and it'll jump to sport. Don't believe me? Put your car in Smart mode and start driving and you'll notice the Color change of your dash according to how you're driving. Teal=Eco White=Comfort Red=Sport

I just wish it would remain selected when I turn off the car.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
The problem I have with Smart mode is the same problem I have changing from Comfort to Eco, etc. It's tough to get any feeling for how much throttle input it takes to get the car moving as much faster as I want it to move. I'm coming from a bunch of manual transmission cars and the mapping of the throttle never changes and you don't have to push the pedal just enough to get a lower gear. So adapting to the variability of the throttle ain't easy! As the weather warms up I'll play more with Sport. I've been trying to use Smart, but the personality changes as it shifts from Eco to Custom to Sport...

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
Interesting comment [MENTION=328]Kazz[/MENTION], because I have found some of the same. The accelerator pedal requires a bit more pressure than my GTO and it is not always easy to get just the right amount of travel to downshift smoothly without turning ALL the horses loose when doing a "normal" move around traffic. Add to that the chameleon-like changes with the various drive modes, and it becomes an occasional surprise when you either don't get the downshift you are expecting or you get kicked in the butt. Mine has been driven mostly in Comfort mode during break-in and I just got to 500 miles, so I'll get a bit more aggressive with it from here on. For the most part, I just use the paddle shifter to control downshifts one or two gears for a moderate acceleration and just let it drop back into "D" when it wants to when I'm up to speed. I have not used Smart yet -- will get used to the others a bit better so I'll know what to expect. Sport is a bit frisky around town and not needed on the highway very often, but it's still my favorite.

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Does anyone know if COBB has ever done anything with KIA before the Stinger?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
'18 Kia Stinger GT Ltd Thunder Grey
Only had mine for 4 days but totally agree, smart seems like it knows what I want when I want it. I usually set the consol display to show the mode, so it tells me, Smart Eco, Smart comfort and Smart sport and I like to think it helps the full economy around town

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
I prefer Smart mode and here's why:

It offers a smooth ride regardless of how you're driving. While in my neighborhood I can drive slowly without the car wanting to jerk and I can hit highway speeds without the car feeling it needs more juice.

Things I've noticed about Sport mode:

Depending on how you're driving you can see it is actually putting your car into Eco, Comfort and Sport modes on its own. Drive sensible and you'll be in Eco...drive like a mad man and it'll jump to sport. Don't believe me? Put your car in Smart mode and start driving and you'll notice the Color change of your dash according to how you're driving. Teal=Eco White=Comfort Red=Sport

I just wish it would remain selected when I turn off the car.
Cool! Gonna try it out. Thanks for the insight.

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
That may be changing. A good friend of mine is one of the owners of COBB and they are interested. I'll keep everyone posted.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
That may be changing. A good friend of mine is one of the owners of COBB and they are interested. I'll keep everyone posted.
This would be very welcoming news.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Any idea what they'll need to kick start the project?

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Not sure as of yet. We are going to lunch this week and I'll know more.

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Not sure as of yet. We are going to lunch this week and I'll know more.
I've had Cobb AP on both previous cars, hope this happens.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
So, I've changed. I drive almost everywhere in ECO now. LOL

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
I?ve gone back to comfort mode :)

Bigred305

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Sport then Comfort works for me????

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger
I prefer sport mode, but for relax drive, I use comfort.