Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

What Did You Do With Your Stinger Today?

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
JB4 beta tune ordered.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Ordered a set of rubber mats.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Swapped all emblems to the KDM version

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Purchased an emergency jumpstarter kit for the Stinger. Testing it on my wife's car.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Picked up one of these online

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Did her first oil change and took the opportunity of installing the Fumoto valve. This is a must have for any Stinger owner, as the position and location of the oil drain plug is very inconvenient. This will make oil changes a breeze and less messy.

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
Glad to see you did this, I had made a post about it on the Oil changes thread. Looks like that's plenty of clearance down there.

Did her first oil change and took the opportunity of installing the Fumoto valve. This is a must have for any Stinger owner, as the position and location of the oil drain plug is very inconvenient. This will make oil changes a breeze and less messy.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
It looks as if that valve hangs down far enough to be a potential rip-off hazard. How well does it fit up under the panel?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
There are no fitment issues with the valve. The factory splash shield fits perfectly fine and protects it from the elements on the road.

Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Got the Bumper Applique installed.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Installed the OEM mud guards. And while I was at it, I installed some pet resistance PVC door screen in behind the fender liner covering the wheel vents in the front to keep rocks and junk from flying through/into the vent.

Cu large pieces of the screen and cut holes for the pop clips. Shouldn't go anywhere.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
great idea, let us know how it holds up over time

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
great idea, let us know how it holds up over time
That stuff is invincible. You can't rip it. I'm pretty confident it will last forever, with the weakest link being how fixed in place it is.

Discovered two interesting quirks about the Stinger today:

1. If the engine is off when you are stopped with your foot on the brake in drive, and you just press the ignition button, it will shutdown and put the transmission in park immediately without restarting the engine like it does if you hit the park button. However the doors don't unlock. It's good for those times you pull into your garage and the motor shuts off as soon as you stop before you get a chance to put it in park.

2. The rear seat vents on the back of the arm rest/console have a temperature control and that control if set to warm will blow hot air even if the AC is cranked up front and vice versa. It's actually a third climate zone.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Installed the OEM mud guards. And while I was at it, I installed some pet resistance PVC door screen in behind the fender liner covering the wheel vents in the front to keep rocks and junk from flying through/into the vent.

Cu large pieces of the screen and cut holes for the pop clips. Shouldn't go anywhere.
Great idea. How did you get it to say over the vent?

Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
Picked up a Super Polysteel detailing kit.

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Cleaned my brake calipers and wheels plus ceramic coated them, KDM E caps came later in the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro