Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Weird spots on window/roof line trim.

topek

Reactions
I have recently bought Stinger GT Limited. Love the car.
I didn't realize just after few days that on the window/roof line trim there are some markings/spots.
i just want to see if anybody had similar thing on their Stinger. I have appointment next week at the dealership as from the pictures kia detailing division can tell what is that.

Attachments

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
dammit i'm going to look now

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
yeah thats the chrome trim along roofline I dont have any spots. got warped rotors though! see appropriate thread.

OP
topek

topek

Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Thanks for checking (y)

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
is there a plastic protective film on it they forgot to remove?

OP
topek

topek

Reactions
Thread Starter #6
No it is not . They told my that when they revive cars they all come with blue tint protective foil that they peal off.
They did detail the car before giving it to me . So i just wonder it they use some HD chemicals that some how got into the chrome surface

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Yup mine has it too, dealer told me they don't warranty cosmetics.

Last edited:
OP
topek

topek

Reactions
Thread Starter #8
That's odd , Car was brand new so things like that should be taken care . I will make them to fix it then.:p

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
That's odd , Car was brand new so things like that should be taken care . I will make them to fix it then.:p
I hope they do for you.

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
I know of one owner that had them replaced, it is covered according to him, he is on this forum. Will look for the post.

I will be wrapping mine black as I am going all black on my stinger.

There is now way that should not be covered.

You could try buffing it with polish and drill buffer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
It happened to member here and the dealer had it replaced under warranty for him.

Take it back and have them replace it.

OP
topek

topek

Reactions
Thread Starter #12
It happened to member here and the dealer had it replaced under warranty for him.

Take it back and have them replace it.
Thanks . I will not leave unless is going to be fixed.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
If you bought your car new its should be covered.... Stand your ground, make them replace it..... :mad:

I walk out of a dealer because I told them I want my car treated a certain way an they told me NO so I walked out and never went back. Customer is always right when it comes to his car.

OP
topek

topek

Reactions
Thread Starter #14
So i came back from the dealership. They had to polish it . What has happened they spray car with degreaser and left it in the sun. Then it got baked in to the chrome . Such a rookie mistake.

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
So i came back from the dealership. They had to polish it . What has happened they spray car with degreaser and left it in the sun. Then it got baked in to the chrome . Such a rookie mistake.
Looks all good now?

OP
topek

topek

Reactions
Thread Starter #16
Looks all good now?
It looks good but you can tell that it was polished. Micro scratches. Something that will probably show by it self after a while.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Why did they spray degreaser on your and then leave it in the sun? To me that makes no since, on the engine yes but the body of the car, NO. Sounds like the dealership you got your car from are a bunch of idiots.

From what I was told, with that black chrome is a pain to take care of. All I use on mine is a microfiber and a spray wax that I use on the car. No glass cleaner, wet rag or any else, the spray wax is the only thing that leaves it spotless an streak free.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
Why would they spray degreaser on the outside of your car?

The spots I had were UNDER the clear coat on the black chrome peices. You could move the bubbles around by applying pressure with your finger.

My dealer replaced without hesistation

https://www.kiastinger.org/index.php?posts/32248

OP
topek

topek

Reactions
Thread Starter #19
Why did they spray degreaser on your and then leave it in the sun? To me that makes no since, on the engine yes but the body of the car, NO. Sounds like the dealership you got your car from are a bunch of idiots.

From what I was told, with that black chrome is a pain to take care of. All I use on mine is a microfiber and a spray wax that I use on the car. No glass cleaner, wet rag or any else, the spray wax is the only thing that leaves it spotless an streak free.
From day one i had problems with that dealership. I have asked them to put 3m on the whole front as well tint the windows and install block heater. Came to pick up car no problem with the tinted windows , 3m only installed on the hood they didnt install heater as it was not in stock. On the way home i realize that sd card with the maps was missing. And at the end those spots . Service at that place suck . But thats the closses one by my place.

OP
topek

topek

Reactions
Thread Starter #20
Why would they spray degreaser on the outside of your car?

The spots I had were UNDER the clear coat on the black chrome peices. You could move the bubbles around by applying pressure with your finger.

My dealer replaced without hesistation

https://www.kiastinger.org/index.php?posts/32248
I have no idea why . On mine there was now bubbles. On your picture it looks like they have left a gap when installing new trim . Or meybe it is just the pic. Cheers