Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

vibration after lowering with eibachs under acceleration

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 kia stinger gt
After I completed my eibach install and drove the car, i have a prominent vibration about the car under load when crusing. If I stop and pull off hard its smooth, only while your moving and load up the car. Any ideas from anyone??

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Did you have an alignment performed after?

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I bet who ever installed your springs didn't cut the bump stops in half. That happened to my car, I cut them in half an all was good...

OP
CARmello Yellow
Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 kia stinger gt
Thread Starter #4
I did the install and I did cut the bumpstops. I guess it has happened to other people with other makes of cars. They have a bunch of fixes but non apply to this vehicle. something to do with how the axle sits in the cup, wear spots ect. etc. the was a good thread on an evo forum about it. one guy went back to stock to stop it. i really like the way the car looks and don't want to just not drop it.

OP
CARmello Yellow
Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 kia stinger gt
Thread Starter #5
140 views, 2 people with input, leads me to believe most stinger owners don't tinker[lovekia]

Reactions
City
Virginia Beach
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2
No vibrations here. ARK springs though.

OP
CARmello Yellow
Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 kia stinger gt
Thread Starter #8
Im still trying to figure this out, has anyone else had issues after lowering? I havent drove this car for months and I might as well trade it for a supra or corvette, Id like to drive it instead but if this issue arrived on my first aftermarket upgrade, how will it respond to other ones??

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Just asking but did you install the springs exactly how the stock ones came out, that means where the spring seated into the rubber because I've had the Eibach springs for 6 months & never had a noise like that. Does it make that noise going left or right or both?

OP
CARmello Yellow
Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 kia stinger gt
Thread Starter #10
Just asking but did you install the springs exactly how the stock ones came out, that means where the spring seated into the rubber because I've had the Eibach springs for 6 months & never had a noise like that. Does it make that noise going left or right or both?
it actually shakes the whole front end more so, no noise at all. i put a gopro in my wheel well and the front driver axle seems to go out of balance. it only happens under acceleration, only.

Robs

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Singapore
Was on Eibachs and I didn’t like the way the car handled, and it would bottom out going over big dips/undulations at speed. No vibrations though, it did float a little at high speeds. Switched to Ark GT-Fs and the dynamics changed substantially. Feel more control and the absorbers are working better, no bottoming out and replaced the bump-stops as Arks doesn’t require cutting them.

OP
CARmello Yellow
Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 kia stinger gt
Thread Starter #12
Ill have to look into it. Im sick of not driving my stinger. i made a video of my axle ill try and upload. you can actually see the axle shake in its home under load.

OP
CARmello Yellow
Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 kia stinger gt
Thread Starter #13
I figured this out with the guys on the other forum. It was the axle, it dropped the rollers out of the tri pod bearings, when I extended axle out of the cv cup to get the angle I needed to remove the strut.

This forum is like more to say hi I bought a new stinger. The other forum has way more of a modding/technical community. They engage more, have excellent info, and go out of their way to research for and with you.

What Im trying to say here, its not really you, its me. Ive been having these feelings for months now since we first ran into problems. We were so distant lately too. I can still stop by every once in a while and we can remain friends. For the time being I have to focus on my self, and the other forum just treats me better. I will always have feelings for you, but now we have to part ways.:cry:

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Well, sorry we couldn’t help you. It does take people to be more active on the forum to get answers to your questions