Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Unremovable Spots on Car/How to Remove.

Reactions
City
Aurora
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT1
Hello all,

After washing my car, I noticed these dark spots on the car that nothing seems to even make the spots lighter; first time noticing these spots since I bought the car in late 2/2020.
The Mothers Clay Kit did absolutely nothing and I am looking for some ideas that would get rid of the sports or at least fade them a bit.
Being that the spots are not rough, raised or grainy with the touch of my finger, I wonder if it is underneath the clear coat and if that is the case then how did the spots get there?
Thank you for your ideas in advance.

Attachments

Last edited:

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Have you tried a compound remover? Pick up some Meguiars Ultimate compound if the clay bar can’t get it out

OP
Glen1023
Reactions
City
Aurora
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT1
Thread Starter #3
Have you tried a compound remover? Pick up some Meguiars Ultimate compound if the clay bar can’t get it out
I have not, but worth a try although the $25.00 on the Mothers Clay unfortunately was a waste of money.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I have not, but worth a try although the $25.00 on the Mothers Clay unfortunately was a waste of money.
Oh, it’s never a waste of money to keep a clay kit around. I recently used mine to remove all the iron deposits that somehow the iron remover didn’t get. Took a lot of work, but my paint looks the best it’s ever been.