Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Tires on 2018 Stinger GT1 AWD

taxman

Reactions
All 4 tires wore out in 16.6K miles. I called Kia Customer support and they paid me $1120.00 to reimburse me for replacing the tires so soon. I hope this second set lasts at least 30K?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
if they are same tires, then expect the same or less out of the new set.

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
I am at 12000 and almost done too! What number did you call? What did they require? Pics??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
All 4 tires wore out in 16.6K miles. I called Kia Customer support and they paid me $1120.00 to reimburse me for replacing the tires so soon. I hope this second set lasts at least 30K?
Did you have the Michelin Pilot sport 4 tires?

255 rear and 225 front?

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I don’t understand how everyone else’s tires are wearing so soon. I’m at 21k and it looks like I’ve got another 10k at least.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
I don’t understand how everyone else’s tires are wearing so soon. I’m at 21k and it looks like I’ve got another 10k at least.
Are you at 21k MILES? Or KILOMETERS?

Which tires do you have?

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Michelin Pilot sport 4?

Yup. Haven’t changed anything on the car. I drive a lot of highway miles, got a lifetime alignment, and (I don’t know how much of a difference it makes) I run my tires at 40psi

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
Yup. Haven’t changed anything on the car. I drive a lot of highway miles, got a lifetime alignment, and (I don’t know how much of a difference it makes) I run my tires at 40psi
I too do mostly highway / back roads. Nearly no city...

Have 13k kms ( 8k miles) and tires appear like new. (picture taken just now)

I don't have actual tread depth measurements, but the rears are very slightly worn more than the fronts.

I run 38psi front and 36 psi rear. Why do you run higher pressures? is there a benefit?

Last edited:

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
So, I went and took a look at my tires before I left to run an errand and it seems as if my rears are at the wear bar but the fronts are far from it. Weird, I don’t do burnouts or drifts. @Djltoronto I run at 40 cause it helps with mileage and when I’ve run tires before at manufacturer recommended levels the shoulders wear out before the middle does so I just run it a few psi higher than recommended and my tires have worn evenly every time

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
So, I went and took a look at my tires before I left to run an errand and it seems as if my rears are at the wear bar but the fronts are far from it. Weird, I don’t do burnouts or drifts. @Djltoronto I run at 40 cause it helps with mileage and when I’ve run tires before at manufacturer recommended levels the shoulders wear out before the middle does so I just run it a few psi higher than recommended and my tires have worn evenly every time
So you got roughly 21k miles (33.8k kms) on the rears. I would assume that is near typical for these tires, when not abused.

Will you be replacing with the same type, or switching to something more long lasting.

FYI:
The PILOT SPORT 4 have a 30,000 kilometer (18641 mile) warranty https://www.michelin.ca/en/pilot-sport-4.html
The PILOT® SPORT 4 S have a 50,000 kilometer (31069 mile) warranty https://www.michelin.ca/en/pilot-sport-4s.html

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I’m thinking the 4S. I do have a contact to get Falkens for a cheap price. Thinking about that too

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
@taxman

What were your grounds for the warranty?
Your tires seem to have lasted 90% of their treadwear expected life

If you got over 16.6k miles, and they have a treadwear warranty for 18.6 k miles - that's not really way off

The PILOT SPORT 4 have a 30,000 kilometer (18641 mile) warranty https://www.michelin.ca/en/pilot-sport-4.html