Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Thinkware F800 Pro Dash Cam

QLD755

Reactions
City
Ingleburn
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Hi everyone,
This is my first post on this forum, and I am sure it won't be the last.

I have a Thinkware F800 Pro (Front and rear) Dash Cams fitted (hardwired) to a 2018 Kia Stinger GT. I am continually getting an error message "System error System will restart" The normal start procedure commences and then all is okay. It usually happens in parking mode, but it also happens during normal driving. In an attempt to rectify this problem, I contacted TDJ Australia in Melbourne and they tried their level best to assist by suggesting the following:
a) Manually reset the dash cam - This did not help.
b) Format the SD card - This did not help.
c) Replace the SD card with a Thinkware SD card - these cards are ridiculously expensive. Purchased a Thinkware SD card - This did not help.
d) The dash cam was then sent to TDJ Australia and bench tested for a week - no faults were found - clearly, this did not help.
e) TDJ Australia indicated that the rear cam could be at fault, purchased a new one - This did not help.
f) TDJ Australia then suggested that I remove all wiring and components from the vehicle to send to them for testing.

THERE MUST BE SOMEONE IN SYDNEY WITH THE TECHNICAL KNOWHOW TO REMEDY THIS ISSUE.

I am now thinking that the Thinkware dash cam is not compatible with my car as I had a similar issue with my wife's car (2016 VW Passat), eventually the dash cams were removed from the vehicle.

Thank you, I hope someone can help.

Regards
Graham

Last edited:

JAYP

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
G
bn5

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

JAYP

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Hi everyone,
This is my first post on this forum, and I am sure it won't be the last.

I have a Thinkware F800 Pro (Front and rear) Dash Cams fitted (hardwired) to a 2018 Kia Stinger GT. I am continually getting an error message "System error System will restart" The normal start procedure commences and then all is okay. It usually happens in parking mode, but it also happens during normal driving. In an attempt to rectify this problem, I contacted TDJ Australia in Melbourne and they tried their level best to assist by suggesting the following:
a) Manually reset the dash cam - This did not help.
b) Format the SD card - This did not help.
c) Replace the SD card with a Thinkware SD card - these cards are ridiculously expensive. Purchased a Thinkware SD card - This did not help.
d) The dash cam was then sent to TDJ Australia and bench tested for a week - no faults were found - clearly, this did not help.
e) TDJ Australia indicated that the rear cam could be at fault, purchased a new one - This did not help.
f) TDJ Australia then suggested that I remove all wiring and components from the vehicle to send to them for testing.

THERE MUST BE SOMEONE IN SYDNEY WITH THE TECHNICAL KNOWHOW TO REMEDY THIS ISSUE.

I am now thinking that the Thinkware dash cam is not compatible with my car as I had a similar issue with my wife's car (2016 VW Passat), eventually the dash cams were removed from the vehicle.

Thank you, I hope someone can help.

Regards
Graham
J

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk