Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Tesla Model 3 Review

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
After watching several reviews on the Model 3 I told my brother who's been on the early order list to hold off for another year. Seems the first models are lacking a lot of great features like air suspension and dual motors.

OP
Stingin' Away

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Thread Starter #3
After watching several reviews on the Model 3 I told my brother who's been on the early order list to hold off for another year. Seems the first models are lacking a lot of great features like air suspension and dual motors.
AND, by Bob's observations, quality control still lacks for a production car. I'm not going to speculate this early. They are very new and have taken leaps when it comes to the auto industry in such a short amount of time.

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I'm still not 100% sold on the front fascia.

nikpmd

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 BMW 335i xDrive M-Sport
I'm still not 100% sold on the front fascia.
+1 model S looks amazing in the right color, but this looks like the goofy brother

OP
Stingin' Away

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Thread Starter #6
I wonder if Musk has it in him to create a "grille" for consumer purposes if i draws away too many potential buyers

nikpmd

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
I wonder if Musk has it in him to create a "grille" for consumer purposes if i draws away too many potential buyers
It may deter me, but it?ll attract 5 more in my place. An example: friends and family in Asia ask me about Model 3 and if I?ve placed an order yet. It?s eerily similar to how they ask about the latest iPhone X and if I?ve got one. This is why the model 3 and Tesla deters me even further.

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
What does everyone think about the minimal interior with everything on the center display?

nikpmd

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
What does everyone think about the minimal interior with everything on the center display?
Hate it. It would bug me that I have to look at the screen to turn on wipers, or adjust my side mirrors or climate control or seat heating for that matter. But I can see how it?ll become a non issue when the car is mostly driven autonomously. It doesn?t appeal to me now, but I?m sure it appeals to people whose first phone was an iPhone and they had never used a blackberry.

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Hate it. It would bug me that I have to look at the screen to turn on wipers, or adjust my side mirrors or climate control or seat heating for that matter. But I can see how it?ll become a non issue when the car is mostly driven autonomously. It doesn?t appeal to me now, but I?m sure it appeals to people whose first phone was an iPhone and they had never used a blackberry.

My thoughts exactly, I can?t stand the interior. For me it screams cost savings.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Very likely my Stinger is going to be my last combustion daily driver. ~5 years from now hopefully we will have 2 or 3 options for an electric car.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
Seat Leon 2001
The electric cars will not be the sulution for the future and for sure not be the cure for the planet

OP
Stingin' Away

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Thread Starter #13
I like simplicity but not minimalism... Yeah, it kind of contradicts itself but it would take some getting use to. We have become accustomed to having things centralized when it comes to phones. However, in car, that will be a huge learning curve for all of us. Smart, but it will take sometime for it to become the norm.

OP
Stingin' Away

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Thread Starter #14
Very likely my Stinger is going to be my last combustion daily driver. ~5 years from now hopefully we will have 2 or 3 options for an electric car.
Have you looked into the Q50 Hybrid? 35 mpg, 4.5 sec to 60, reasonably priced