Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Subwoofers and Rhino Racks

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Apologies in advance if there's a better forum for these questions.

Does anyone know the difference between the KIA and HK subs?

Is there a noticeable amount of wind noise or reduced MPG with a Rhino Rack roof rack on a GT?

Thanks!

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
fairing will help out a lot. Can you post some pictures of the Rhino racks?

CKeeler

Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
To reduce wind noise try adding a fairing https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Rhino-Rack/RR43249.html?

Which Kia subwoofer are you referring to, link?
I think he's referring to the subs under the seats. The stock system has them as well as the Harmon Kardon system. I imagine the HK system has more power routed to them though. They don't do much except move tissues or dollars. I've thought about looking into what power they can handle or if I can get a low profile sub to replace them

OP
Y
Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Thread Starter #5
OP
Y
Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Thread Starter #6
fairing will help out a lot. Can you post some pictures of the Rhino racks?
Here you go. Anyone have a recommendation for a wind fairing? Thinking the Yakima might have better curvature to match the curved roof line of the Stinger.

Attachments

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Here you go. Anyone have a recommendation for a wind fairing? Thinking the Yakima might have better curvature to match the curved roof line of the Stinger.
I thought all the fairings were adjustable to fit the curvature.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States

Those bars look great.

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
Apologies in advance if there's a better forum for these questions.

Does anyone know the difference between the KIA and HK subs?

Is there a noticeable amount of wind noise or reduced MPG with a Rhino Rack roof rack on a GT?

Thanks!
The subs under seats look identical between the non-HK and HK, I wouldn't be surprise if they are the same subs.

OP
Y
Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Thread Starter #13
Thanks! How's your beast these days? I was thinking of taking mine in for a first oil change at a different dealership. The price diff is 59 v 120. Is that ok even if you lease?

spider55

Staff Member
Reactions
City
Tempe
State
AZ
Country
United States
The price diff is 59 v 120. Is that ok even if you lease?
As long as they use good oil like full synthetic GF-4 an above, if you can get it for 59, take it.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
Thanks! How's your beast these days? I was thinking of taking mine in for a first oil change at a different dealership. The price diff is 59 v 120. Is that ok even if you lease?
She's moving along slowly. Being stuck in the all-seasons has me in no hurry to get too many power upgrades going yet.

You can do it at any shop or in your driveway. If there's ever a potential warranty claim, you'll want to be able to produce receipts is all!