Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Starting issue with the UVO app

Reactions
City
Mcmurray
State
AL
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2019 Kia stinger Ltd gt
I am having issues when trying to start my car with the UVO app and it sends a error message that the car will not start. Try it a few more times and the app will not start the car to call. I call UVO and they stated there is no issue with the app.
I go to the car, both fobs good battery in the fob and the lights come on inside and out, push the start button and nothing. The car will not start at all. The app won’t start the car either because it thinks the car is already a started.
What is stoping the car from starting?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
I am having issues when trying to start my car with the UVO app and it sends a error message that the car will not start. Try it a few more times and the app will not start the car to call. I call UVO and they stated there is no issue with the app.
I go to the car, both fobs good battery in the fob and the lights come on inside and out, push the start button and nothing. The car will not start at all. The app won’t start the car either because it thinks the car is already a started.
What is stoping the car from starting?
To help with debug - please clarify:

You said the app reported back an error that the car would not start.
You then said the app thinks the car is already started?
What is the exact message you are seeing from the app when it will not start from the app?

When you physically press the start and brake button in the car, you say there is nothing.

Can you elaborate on the nothing?
What does the dash do? Any messages? Lights? Etc.
Are the headlights on?
Can you beep the horn? Does it sound normal?

OP
T
Reactions
City
Mcmurray
State
AL
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2019 Kia stinger Ltd gt
Thread Starter #3
Yes we will try and start the car with the app. The car will lock and we try then to command start and it will say we are having issues. We try that a few times and nothing. Same issue?? I walk out to the car to start it and I press the brake and press the start button and the car will not start nothing happens when the start is pressed. Try the app again and the app stays the car is started but it’s not?

OP
T
Reactions
City
Mcmurray
State
AL
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2019 Kia stinger Ltd gt
Thread Starter #4
The dash is lit up everything comes on, when I press a the start there is no sound no nothing.

OP
T
Reactions
City
Mcmurray
State
AL
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2019 Kia stinger Ltd gt
Thread Starter #5
This is the constant message we get, unfortunately I do not have one if the cannot start due to the car already running?

Attachments

OP
T
Reactions
City
Mcmurray
State
AL
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2019 Kia stinger Ltd gt
Thread Starter #6
Once I receive this message I cannot start the car with the app or the fob.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
Hmmm. Well that certainly sucks...

I guess you need a tow truck Monday morning.

Please keep us informed - as I'm sure the community is interested in what this could be.

Having the car leave you stranded is not cool.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
So what happened after your car as towed to the dealership?

Is your stinger working again?