Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Speakers under front seats???

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2 (CERSIL/RWD)
Does anyone know what these are? There is one under each of the front seats and they look like speaker grills, but there is definitely no sound coming from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Yup they?re subwoofers

Reactions
City
Beavercreek
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Yep. They don't do much...

Strtaylor

Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
I disagree. I think they are exactly what a luxury top of the line sound system is supposed to be. The image that we have for "subs" is base beating outrageously despite the quality of sound caused by this. I would take this sound system over any other stock sound system and probably most aftermarket ones. It is what a top of the line sound system is supposed to be. The new Alfa Romeos have a Harmon Kardon system in them as well but the sound quality is no where near the sound system of the Stinger. It also has almost 0 bass compared to ours. Just my 2 cents.

OP
mjsteelega
Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #5
There is absolutely no sound or vibrations coming from mine. I might go check with my local dealer. (After the hurricane passes )

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Haha yep they are subs, went through the same questions myself but they do work.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
There is absolutely no sound or vibrations coming from mine. I might go check with my local dealer. (After the hurricane passes )

Stay safe my friend.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's

Hey [MENTION=238]mjsteelega[/MENTION], one thing to remember is that this sub is mounted into the thin floor pan. You won't feel much from a vibrations perspective because there isn't much air movement behind the speaker. They are only low end frequencies. If you turn the stereo up and squat next to the seat you'll definitely hear some low end.

OP
mjsteelega
Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #9
Thanks [MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION]. I?ll try that.

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
I saw a couple of people on YouTube posting subwoofer test videos so I guess they were questioning if theirs worked. Here's one way to know for certain:

[video=youtube_share;r5TQI--Uxl4]https://youtu.be/r5TQI--Uxl4[/video]

OP
mjsteelega
Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #11
[MENTION=48]TurboTx[/MENTION] that is a great idea. I?ll try that too.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
I saw a couple of people on YouTube posting subwoofer test videos so I guess they were questioning if theirs worked. Here's one way to know for certain:

Ha!

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Too bad we can't use the hair detector.[rofl]
[video=youtube;FCsJtl8cwkc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCsJtl8cwkc[/video]

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's

I'm not gonna lie... if I'm posting a video on YouTube to test the speakers in my Stinger....

I'm throwing a HUNDO on that thing!!!!!! LOLOLOL

$100[strongman]$100

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 kia stinger gt
i have a yellow gt and i feel like nothing comes out of them either..[/COLOR]
Does anyone know what these are? There is one under each of the front seats and they look like speaker grills, but there is definitely no sound coming from them.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I?m gonna do that check too. The bass is really lackluster. The system itself is better than expected (especially after some break in time) but isn?t very well balanced. The bass on mine is ALL the way up and just barely gives enough. I?m also coming from a Shaker 500 Ford sound system that I replaced the radio and finally was able to eq it properly. I might go for an audio processor in the near future and replace the speakers. Too bad Crutchfield hasn?t posted any info they have found yet on a tear down

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
I?m gonna do that check too. The bass is really lackluster. The system itself is better than expected (especially after some break in time) but isn?t very well balanced. The bass on mine is ALL the way up and just barely gives enough. I?m also coming from a Shaker 500 Ford sound system that I replaced the radio and finally was able to eq it properly. I might go for an audio processor in the near future and replace the speakers. Too bad Crutchfield hasn?t posted any info they have found yet on a tear down
If you by any chance listen to music streamed from your phone, a good way to fix the relatively weak bass performance is downloading a bass booster or a music equalizer app. I was SO unimpressed by the H-K system at first but with a bass booster running it hits MUCH harder.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
If you by any chance listen to music streamed from your phone, a good way to fix the relatively weak bass performance is downloading a bass booster or a music equalizer app. I was SO unimpressed by the H-K system at first but with a bass booster running it hits MUCH harder.
That is a good idea. In times past I used to use the onkyo HF player and I eq'd it for my wife's car and for a cheap live sound PA. I always use my iPad or iPhone hooked through USB. All music I download to my devices is high bit rate MP3's and AAC's. Usually the radio will get the full bit rate from the file when playing music over USB. I use to use Bluetooth a lot but with this stereo it's been very rare that I use it except for phone calls. I might have to see if I can use the HF Player and see how it does.